Chapter: Party time??

It's Monday and I am waiting for Leslie to arrive to school. I am waiting for her in our secret hide out room.

She knocks, "Strawberry short cake."

That's our password, I know crappy but she wanted it that way.

I open the door and she comes in. "Hurry and tell me what you need to tell me. Florence wants me to hang with her."

"Oh, well, go with her,"

"Not before you tell me," she says.

"Well, can you come over for dinner on Friday?" I ask.

"Sure," she smiles.

She is about to leave but I get her arm. "Wait, do you have something nice to wear?"

"Umm like a dress?" she asks.

"Yeah, or a nice fancy blouse,"

"No," she says. "Wait! but I can ask Florence! She is nice."

I nod, "Okay."

"Bye see you later."

Why don't I want her to become friends with Florence? Or maybe I am afraid to see Florence so close to me again. I know she might hate me for what I did to her. I don't want to see pain in her eyes for which I am responsible for.

.....

The days go on. Leslie made another friend, Jacob, he is a sophomore in the chess team. He has been siting with us during lunch for two days now. It feels weird to have another person with us. I got used to only Leslie and me. But this might be a good thing right? My doctor and psychologist told me to make friends and such.

"So, I would gladly ask you both if you can come to the tournament this Sunday," he says. He fixes his hipster glasses and looks at me. "It be great if you can make it Derek."

"well, if Leslie goes, I go," I answer.

Leslie thinks about it. "Well, I can go after 2,"

"That's great!" Jacob says, "the tournament begins at 3 and ends at 5."

"Umm, hello," I hear Claire behind me. I turn around and see her.

"Sit," Leslie takes out a chair next to her and Claire sits. She still looks the same from middle school!

"Jacob this is Claire, and Claire this is Jacob," Leslie says.

Claire waves at Jacob, "Yo."

"I was asking Leslie and Derek if they would attend the chess tournament, are you interesting in going?" Jacob asks Claire.

She nods, "Sure."

"How are you Claire?" I ask.

She eyes me, "Great. How about you?"

"Good," I answer.

"Look, I will forgive you for spreading stupid rumors around school, Leslie told me to accept your apology so I am," she fakes a smile.

"Wow, you have feelings, and you smile!" I exclaim.

She throws me a pea, "Shut up idiot."

"Okay!" Leslie exclaims, "stop throwing food. People would want that pea."

The first bell rings and Jacob excuses himself.

"and how's your leg?" Claire asks. I stand, "Okays."

Leslie throws my plate along with hers.

"so is she your assistant now?" she asks.

"No Claire, but we are friends," I answer. Leslie returns and she says goodbye to Claire. We walk to my class like always. "So I am glad Claire and you are friends now," Leslie smiles.