Chapter: Going back

Sunday:

I ask Lu to drive Leslie and me to Jacob's chess tournament. We arrive to school and go to the gym.

Leslie is wearing a long brown loose skirt with a fitted long sleeve shirt and her typical messy bun. I see she has curves. Her shirt has a small v-neck shape on top which shows some cleavage on top. They look nice. WHOA! *MENTALLY SLAPS HIMSELF*

Don't check her out!

We finally sit on the benches and Claire arrives.

"You look cute," Leslie tells her. She is wearing a red sunny dress with flats.

"Wow, you do have color in your closet," I say.

Claire looks at me, "Shut up."

"guys!" Jacob comes in running from the back door. "Glad you made it."

"Welcome," I say.

"So, is there any food?" Claire asks.

"UUmm, yeah, the food stand is right over there," Jacob answers.

"Good luck," Leslie smiles.

Jacob excuses himself and goes to a table with a girl siting in front. The announcer tells everyone that the tournament will begin. We watch Jacob defeat two girls and a chubby guy. Claire buys us snacks as and we eat as we cheer Jacob on.

The tournament is over. Jacob gets second place. Claire hugs him along with Leslie. "You did your best," Leslie says. I pat his back, "Second place is not that bad."

He shrugs, "If I didn't fall for his evil plan."

Claire chuckles, "Oh Jacob."

"So, do you want to go celebrate?" Jacob asks us. "My mom can drive us to eat a burger or pizza."

"It's fine," Leslie says. "I gotta go home and be with my auntie."

"I go," Claire smiles, "besides I'm starving."

"I'll pass too Jacob, but how about we celebrate tomorrow at lunch?" I ask.

He smiles, "Totally."

Claire grabs his hand and they walk towards his family.

"Can you take me to work?" Leslie asks.

"Sure, Lu will be picking me up," I answer. We begin to walk to the parking lot. We sit down at a bench.

"It's nice to see you happy," Leslie says.

I look at her and her big hazel eyes are sparkling agaisnt the sun. "So I wasn't happy before?"

"Not really, but you seem more positive," she smiles.

I shrug, "Well, whatever, I feel okay."

Leslie pokes my cheek, "So how is your leg doing?"

I look down at it. "Well, okay, the same, why are you asking?"

"Lu told me that you were having trouble bending it," Leslie lightly frowns.

"I'm going to the doctor for the montly check up, it's just I haven't really done my therapy right and well I was taking pills to minimize the joint tension, but I stop."

"Why?"

"It just not worth it," I say. "I am still going to walk like this."

Leslie pokes my cheek again but this time hard. "Don't speak like that Derek."

I look at her, "Stop poking my cheek." I poke her forehead.

"Beep!" Lu appears in front of us honking. "Get in!"