CHAPTER ONE: Where Are You?

************************
Y/n:"have them get an operating room ready! A.S.A.P! Okay Eun Jae...Can you hear my voice? How old are you? Can you tell me your Birthdate?"

Nurse:"she's not answering."

I flashed a light on her eyes. Her pupils were slow to dilate.

Y/n:"start taking her."

The nurses began to leave when the heart monitor began to go monotone. I ran over to them

I got on top of the bed to give her CPR.

Y/n:"take me to the Operating room with her."

Her pulse wasn't coming back. I had done my compressions but nothing was working.

Nurse:"she's dead...Doctor lee... she's gone. Death at 4:30 am. Caused by multiple stab wounds."

Y/n:"no! No no no she's not dead! She's alive!"

The body began to sit up straight on the bed. She looked at me with a
——————————
I woke up gasping for air. My forehead was covered in sweat. I sat up on my chair. I looked around. The clock told it was 2 am. I wiped my sweat with my shirt.

Y/n:"what kind of dream was that?"

I was studying for the finals that were coming up soon. I'm only a college student in medical school. I closed up my text books and notepad before leaning back in my chair to stretch my legs and arms. I stood up and changed my shirt.

Y/n:"ugh. I can't stand being in this stuffy room!"

I put on my shoes and left my apartment building with a few dollars in my pocket. I headed down the street to a near by 24hour store.

Jaebum :"oh y/n. Hey! It's been a while since I've seen you."

Y/n:"oh...Jaebum you work here?"

Jaebum:"it's my dad's store. He's making me work his store at night."

I began to walk around the aisles looking for some snacks and coffee....lots and lots of coffee.

Jaebum :"you're going to drink all of this? You know that bad for your health you know?"

Y/n:"yeah I know. I'm in medical school. And finals are coming up soon and i just can't seem to wake up. But once I do graduate I'll stop drinking coffee."

Jaebum :"oh yeah. I forgot you wanted to be a doctor...uhh what was it that you wanted to be again?"

Y/n:"a general surgeon."

Jaebum:"right right. How is Jinyoung? I haven't talked to him since high school."

Y/n:"JinYoung? What jinyoung?"

Jaebum:"you don't remember jinyoung? Oh wait...I'm guessing you're pretending not to know him."

Y/n:"no...really I don't remember any Jinyoung. Who are you talking about?"

Jaebum:"your best friend. Park JinYoung. The one you always sat by at lunch. And only wanted to hang out with him."

I pondered for a while. Thinking back all the way till high school.

Y/n:"THAT PARK JINYOUNG!? Glad you asked that. Since we graduated high school, I've lost contact with him. We agreed we would go to same college, but I never saw him around. I even looked for him on social media but nothing popped up"

Jaebum:"what? How can you lose a Greek God looking man? You were his best friend."

Y/n:"oh god don't even say he looked like a Greek god."