CHAPTER TWO: Who are you?

Y/n:"pipe factory collapsed. He doesn't have any visual wounds. There's no internal bleeding. Most likely broken ribs."

I looked up at the doctor.

Jinyoung:"nurse get the x-Ray generator ready. Sir Do you have anything metallic? Like keys, rings or belts?"

After that. Everything was fuzzy. Was he here the entire time?....what was going on?

Nurse Kim:"Dr lee, they are calling to have you back in the emergency room, they are running low on staff."

I looked at the nurse as she snapped me back to reality.
Y/n:"oh...uh yeah. Thank you."

I stepped back out into the hallway. Keeping my eyes glued on Jinyoung. Am I dreaming? Am I seeing things? I shook it off as I had to set my priorities straight. I made it to the emergency floor. So many have been brought in.

Nurse On:"we've had so many casualties. We're running out of space where to put all these patients. We don't know what to do."

An emergency nurse covered in blood from her hands to her shoes. She was struggling to keep up with all the patients.

Y/n:"call the ambulances and tell them to start transferring the patients are not in critical conditions. And tell them to transfer some of these patients to other hospitals. We will only take the ones in critical condition."

So many other doctors from other departments were coming in to help. It was a rural area, not very many doctors or nurses were available.

Nurse On:"I will do that right away."

I looked around and found a another nurse who is cleaning up a pile of blood.

Y/n:"excuse me nurse yang. I need you to go around and check off patients that are not in critical condition. I want you to call their families and tell them that we are transferring them hospitals."

Nurse yang:"but. All of them are in hurt. They have to be treated here."

Y/n:"those who are in critical condition need more help than those who have a broken leg. Nurse Yang. This is important Can you do that?"

She nodded almost hesitant.

Youngjae:"y/n! Hey I heard what happened. I just got out of a surgery."

Nurse Kim:"Dr Choi, Dr lee, we have a patient that is on their way that has damaged valves."

Y/n:"I'll take the patient. Call the operating room if they have it ready? Tell them to be ready for heart valve surgery."

Youngjae:"are you Sure you can do this? It's a huge surgery."

Y/n:"I've got this. Just let me do it. You stay down here and check on each of the patients."

I ran outside waiting for the patient with the damaged valves. Youngjae helped me bring a bed outside for the patient. I heard the sirens.

Y/n:"is this the patient with the damaged valves?"

EMT:"yes, he was under a large pipe, it seemed as if his ribs impaled his heart damaging the valves."

Y/n:"Thank you."

we transferred the patient onto the bed and went through the elevator. The surgeon nurses were already waiting for me

Y/n:" Begin cutting his ribs while i get ready"

i took of my white coat and put on scrubs before I   washed my hands and arms then entering the operation room. The nurse had my gown ready for me and the gloves prepared for me. I then proceeded with my surgery. It was only 3 p.m. Usually these procedures took about 4 hours.