Chapter 3

When I arrived at school, I saw my friends were all sitting in the court yard talking.

I parked my car and got out. As I was walking towards the court yard, a familiar face popped up in front of me. I rolled my eyes when I saw it was no other than Oliver Sykes.

"What do you want, Oli?" I asked annoyed.

"Nothing that you have, faggot." He replied, making his loser friends laugh.

I rolled my eyes and walked around them.

"How's that faggot son of yours?" He said mentioning my son.

Normally I would ignore the stuff he says, but him mentioning my son crossed the line. I stopped walking and turned around. I was so done with this bullshit.

"What did you just say?" I said walking towards him.

"You heard me, how's that fag-" I interrupted by punching him in the face.

"FIGHT! FIGHT! FIGHT! FIGHT!" I heard someone start chanting and soon enough everyone was joining in.

I saw my friends running over at the corner of my eyes but all I was focused on was Oli.

"You little bitch!" He yelled before tackling me onto the grass.

He punched me in the jaw twice before I rolled him over and punched him 3 times. I felt someone pull me off of him but not before he punched me in my mouth.

I looked behind me to see it was Mike who pulled me off of him.

"What the hell happened?!" I heard Jenna yell once we were away from everything.

I looked around to see we were in a random empty classroom.

I shrugged.

She rolled her eyes, "What happened, Vic?"

I sighed knows she's not gonna give up until she gets an answer.

"He talked about Vincent, again. I just couldn't let him get away with what he says about my son, Jenna. I don't care if I get suspended, Vincent is my child and I will stick up for him, even if it means getting into a dumb fight over it." I told her.

She smiled, surprisingly.

"I'm proud of you for standing up to him, Vic." She told me

I smiled back

"Yeah dude, that was awesome!!" Jaime exclaimed.

Tony patted me on the back softly with a smile.

"Thanks guys," I started "But we need to get to class."

I looked at mike, seeing as he hasn't said anything yet.

"You alright, Mike?" I asked, curious

He shook his head, grabbed his skateboard, and skated down the halls to his class.

I shrugged and looked at Tony to see if he was ready to go to class.

He nodded and stood up, "Let's go."

We were walking towards Math when I remembered some of my math stuff was in my locker.

"Shit." I muttered.

Tony looked at me in confusion.

"I forgot some of my math books in my locker, you go on ahead, I'll catch up." I told him before giving him a small smile and turning around and walking the over way.

I was walking towards my locker when I saw Oliver and his friends bullying a new kid. I rolled my eyes and walked over to them. "Why don't you go back to faggot town, nerd."

"Oliver," I sighed, "Leave the kid alone."

They all turned around, and laughed. "What are you gonna do about it?" Mat questioned

"Nothing, just leave him alone. He's new, he hasn't done anything to you. " I told him, annoyed.

"Whatever. Let's go guys, I don't have time for this." Oli replied.

They walked away, but not before bumping his shoulder into me.

I just shrugged it off, "Are you okay?"

The kid nodded, "Thank you." He told me with a friendly smile.

I nodded and turned to walk away.

"Wait!" I heard him call.

I turned back around and raised an eyebrow at him, "Yes?"

"I didn't catch your name."

"Vic."

"Nice to meet you, Vic. I'm kellin." He exclaimed.

I had a feeling we were gonna be good friends.

-

I was in 4th period and lunch was in a few minutes.

"So, if you divide the following number with 45 and 23, you get?" Mr. Tedford went on

I wasn't really paying much attention to everything he was saying because I simply didn't need to.

I was looking out the huge window in the classroom when I heard my name being called.

"Vic, check your instagram!!" My buddy Ronnie whispered to me.

I pulled out my phone, unlocked it and opened the app instagram to see I gained 945 followers and 453 comments. 'Woah, what is happening?' I thought to myself.

I looked at the comments, most of them contained 'congrats!!" 'omg I love your voice' 'they noticed you!" but i was extremely confused, how do they know what my voice sounds like and who noticed me?

I looked in my feed to see a post from Alex Gaskarth, from All Time Low, Ervin Buljubasic, from Out Came The Wolves, Austin Carlile from Of Mice And Men, and Bryanstars that said something all similar to each other. "Aye @Piercethevic, saw your band's song 'Carapherneila' on YouTube and thought it was fantastic! Keep up the good work bud! Show them some love guys! @Piercetheveil @Ptvmike @Ptvjaime @Tonyperry."

I was shocked, really. I didn't think someone would actually see that song. I started grinning like and idiot when I heard the bell ring. I ran out the classroom to the cafeteria to wait for everyone in the band to show up.

First was Tony, then Jaime and then Mike.

"Guys look on instagram!" I exclaimed.

"Calm dow-" Jaime started. 'HOLY FUCK DUDE!"

"I know!" I told him excited.

I looked at tony to see he was grinning like a little boy on christmas morning.

I smiled. I then looked at Mike to see he was already looking back at me, smiling. I smiled back at look after our table. We were just a group of 4 guys in high school trying to start an amazing band and I think we are gonna get there.