Chapter 4.2

After the death of his wife, the man seemed to have aged tremendously all of a sudden. He dedicated himself to cultivating Su YuanHeng, sending him to the best schools and transferred his entire life's medical knowledge to him.

Su YuanHeng also worked hard. At the age of 17, he was proclaimed the "genius" in the medical field and got his doctorate at the age of 19. Following his adoptive father's recommendation, he entered the current general hospital upon returning to China. The next year after, he met BeiTang MinQian.

Now his adoptive father had since passed away seven years ago. In this world, besides BeiTang MinQian, he is all alone once again. Yet, he also knew that BeiTang MinQian does not belong to him.

"Ou ... KeKe ..."

Su YuanHeng splashed his face with water to rid his mouth of the nauseous feeling. Recently, he's been continuously feeling a little queasy and his mental state has not been very good. Originally, he thought that this long vacation could help him relax but who would have thought that it hasn't gotten any better compared to be before.

Su YuanHeng smiled bitterly in front of the mirror.

Could it be that once he leaves BeiTang MinQian, he would die?

Although the life of living in the orphanage is quite simple, it is not easy. Because of the large number of children and the lack of sponsorship and helpers, one often has to multi-task and do many things. Su YuanHeng's arrival was a great help to the orphanage.

The children liked him very much, especially the 17-year-old boy that shared his dorm. His named is Qin Su. He especially admired him. After he heard that he (Su YuanHeng) is a brain specialist, his eyes glimmered, determined to use him as his role model.

However, when he (Qin Su) thought of the situation in the orphanage, he sadly whispered, "Unfortunately, I don't have the money to go to medical school. I don't want to burden Mother Dean again. After I graduate from high school, I'll go find a job."

Su YuanHeng had seen his school transcript and got to know him during this period of time, he knew that this kid has great talent and potential. He could not help but smile, "Don't worry. I could provide for you to go to college."

"Really?" Qin Su stared at him with his eyes widened.

"I've asked Mother Dean. Your grades are very good and she has great expectations of you. You should not neglect your talents."

"But, but ..." Qin Su haltingly said, "It's very expensive to go to medical school."

Su YuanHeng patted his head and laughed, "I can afford to pay this money. I have discussed this with Mother Dean already. You don't have to worry about your tuition fees. I know that you are working jobs everywhere but this will affect your studies, not to mention that it's also not good for your body. You have to take the exam next year so now you need to prepare well for it. Don't let us down."

Qin Su was ecstatic; so excited that he couldn't speak for a long time. He stared blankly at Su YuanHeng for a long time. Suddenly, he jumped up, did a somersault in the room and then hugged him, shouting, "Su Ge, you're really kind! You're really kind! You're my living Buddha! I love you! I love you so much! Ha ha ha ... ..."

Su YuanHeng couldn't help but slightly smile seeing how happy he is.

He really liked this sincere and kind child and hoped that he will one day become a great doctor that could help the less fortunate.

The days at the orphanage passed by in the blink of an eye.

When it was time to leave, Su YuanHeng packed up his things, grabbed his luggage and got ready to return home.

The elderly dean and the children stood by the door to send him off. Seeing how naive and cute the children are, he was reluctant to part with them. Su YuanHeng felt warm in his heart.

"Mother Dean, everyone, I will come back to see you."

Su YuanHeng hugged the children one by one and finally hugged the elderly dean and said softly, "Mother Dean, take care of yourself. You have high blood pressure so you must take your medication on time. If you don't feel good, you must go to the hospital. Also..."

"Okay, okay. You...you've already said it many times." The elderly dean patted him lovingly and reluctantly said, "You too. Don't get too exhausted when you go back. Don't work too hard and take good care of yourself, okay?"

"I know."

Qin Su stood on the side with his eyes brimming with tears and also reluctantly muttered, "Su Ge, wait for my good news! When I get into college, I will come find you!"

"Good! I'm waiting for you! You can do it!"

Su YuanHeng firmly patted his shoulder.

Seeing the boy in front of him, it is like seeing himself pursuing the road to medicine ten plus years ago.

He finally got into the car. When the car started, the children behind him were sadly sobbing.

Su YuanHeng finally looked back at the patchy old courtyard and sorrowfully at the elder dean and the children, his eyes brimming with tears. Then, he gave a slight smile and waved.

He knew that this place is his home. It's a place that he could come back to at any time.

—–

The entire way back to the city, Su YuanHeng was restless.

He didn't know whether BeiTang MinQian would still be home. His work is so busy that perhaps he might have already left to go somewhere else for an outdoor shooting.

For an entire month, the two people have had no contact whatsoever. In the past, when he (BeiTang MinQian) leaves, he (Su YuanHeng) will wait. This is the first time that he (Su YuanHeng) left him and didn't look back.

Su YuanHeng's heart felt dejected.

BeiTang MinQian didn't come to find him, which was expected yet also unexpected.

Knowing his personality, he knew that BeiTang MinQian won't come find him but he still couldn't help his heart from having that tinge of expectation. Now this tinge of expectation has completely shattered. His heart could not relax. Instead, the increasing pressure made him feel suffocated.

Su YuanHeng felt nervous. He didn't know what he would say when he and BeiTang MinQian see each other again. In fact, if he carefully pondered over everything that happened that day, his reaction was mainly because he got overly emotional. BeiTang MinQian still had not given up on them, but he himself (Su YuanHeng) lacked the courage.

He did not want to break up!

This is the only conclusion Su YuanHeng came to in this month. His longing for BeiTang MinQian did not dissipate through the passage of time, but instead became more and more intense.