Chapter 8.1

Yan YuHeng passed away peacefully in the home before Chinese New Year's. Prior to his passing, he regained moments of consciousness and was finally able to recognize the person in front of him. But at that time, he was already very weak with no strength to do anything.

"Father......"

Su YuanHeng took his father's frail hand and put it on his (Su YuanHeng's) face, gently massaging it.

Yan YuHeng tiredly pull his mouth into a faint smile and opened his mouth.

Nurse Chen came over to help him remove his oxygen mask.

"XiaoLi...sorry...be well...I need to go find him..."

"Father...."

Yan YuHeng gently moved his slender fingers that were on Su YuanHeng's wet cheeks as if he was trying to comfort him. These lucid words that Yan YuHeng took so much effort to say were his last words.

Su YuanHeng wanted to cry but he couldn't cry out.

Seeing his father's smiling face as he passed made him think of his very distant childhood. He was running in the park, when he turned his head around, his father was smiling with that same smile.

There is no other person......

In this world, there is no other person that would wholeheartedly and unconditionally love him.

Su YuanHeng is very calm.

Perhaps it is because he was by his father's side during his final days and had fulfilled his last bit of filial piety.

Perhaps it is seeing that his father's life has been full of suffering, so death is his greatest relief.

Coming back from the cemetery, Su YuanHeng looked up at the sky and murmured, "Wonder if father and that person......could meet in heaven."

Although he never knew his own parentage but from his father's words on his deathbed, he knew that the other person, whom had given him life must have also gone to heaven.

BeiTang MinQian patted his shoulder and asked, "Do you want to know about your other father?"

Su YuanHeng was silent for a moment and then shook his head.

BeiTang MinQian whispered, "They are in love. Knowing that is good enough."

"......Yea." Su YuanHeng smiled softly at him, "Let's go home."

They moved back to their previous apartment. But from that day on, Su YuanHeng seemed to have expended all of his energy at once and started to have a low-grade fever. He didn't recover for several days.

BeiTang MinQian wanted to take him to the hospital but Su YuanHeng refused. Finally, he could only call Qiu ZhiYuan in the middle of the night to have him come and check on him.

Because Su YuanHeng's condition is quite extraordinary, Qiu ZhiYuan didn't dare to just rashly give him any medication. He can only provide him with some vitamins and advise him to concentrate on resting and taking good care of himself.

Su YuenHeng felt dispirited and exhausted, completely lacking interest in everything around him. BeiTang MinQian felt even more worried seeing him like this. Adding on that he had taken over the family business, he called Siva to officially withdraw from the entertainment circle.

BeiTang MinQian wanted to hire a helper to take care of Su YuanHeng but Su YuanHeng refused. With his belly so big, he didn't look like either man or woman. Those people that know will understand but those that don't, won't they think of him as a monster? Adding on, he didn't like having people around; preferring to be home by himself.