Chapter 10.3

BeiTang MinQian came back to his senses and said to Su YuanHeng, "YuanHeng, did you hear that? Use your strength...use your strength to deliver the baby."

The oxytocin came into effect; the contractions that had subsided surged again and was even stronger than before.

The torturous contractions were so severe that Su YuanHeng became alert. He heard what Dr. Qiu said. His heart trembled and with strength coming from somewhere, he pulled himself together.

He is also a doctor himself so he knew his current dire condition. Holding BeiTang MinQian's hands, he followed along with the waves of the contractions and Qiu ZhiYuan's command as he tried to use his strength to push.

"Uh ... ah, ah ... whew...whew..."

The contraction that started was more intense than before. Because the amniotic fluid was so low, the baby is stuck at the opening making it more difficult to come out.

Su YuanHeng used all his strength and pushed again and again, his painful shouts becoming louder and louder. This excruciating intensive pain didn't even allow him to breathe in the pain-relieving oxygen gas that Qiu ZhiYuan gave him. He almost thought he had died.

After struggling for more than twenty minutes, this little life that came earlier than anticipated finally came out.

"Weh! Weh! Weh!"

The baby's cries are exceptionally loud and clear but unfortunately before Su YuanHeng could take a look, he fell into a coma.

Excessive blood loss and the premature delivery had caused a great deal of harm to his body. He was comatosed for two days and two nights before slowly waking up.

"You're awake." Qiu ZhiYuan smiled at him as he was checking on him. "You gave birth to a son. Congratulations. The little brat is over 2700 grams (5.9lbs). Very healthy. I'll have the nurse bring him over shortly so you could hold him."

Su YuanHeng let out a sigh of relief, then weakly muttered, "Thank you."

"Don't need to thank me. You have no idea how critical that night was. If Mr. BeiTang brought you in ten minutes later, it would have been too late. But fortunately, both father and son are now safe. Ha-ha-ha, Mr. BeiTang is really good to you. He was here with you for two whole days and had just left this morning."

Thinking of the life and death situation of that night, Su YuanHeng also felt this endless lingering fear. But when he thought of BeiTang MinQian's anxiety and worries at the time, he felt warmth and sweetness in his heart.

The nurse brought the baby over. Su YuanHeng can't wait to carry him.

The baby has a rounded face, with his eyes closed, his long and raised black eyelashes look just like BeiTang MinQian's.

The female nurse couldn't help but add, "This baby is really good-looking. Very few newborn babies are so beautiful. Does he look like his father?"

"Yeah," Su YuanHeng was both happy and proud. Holding his child that he almost traded with his life, he didn't even want to blink his eyes.

When BeiTang MinQian came, he saw Su YuanHeng carefully holding the baby looking very contented.

He smiled and walked over to kiss him on his forehead. Then softly said, "The little guy is beautiful, isn't he?"

"Yeah, like you."

"Really? Hehe, I think that he looks like you," BeiTang MinQian reached out his arms and wrapped it around him and the baby. Sighing in fulfillment, "Fortunately both of you are fine. That day scared me to death."