"Letting you go."

Mina and Chaeyoung had been in a relationship for three years, they had used to live in one unit together, but there's something got change between the two.

-----

"I'm tired."

"I am sick of this love. You're so childish."

"I'm sick as well. I'm not childish, I just want your attention, but I guess... We're both tired of this love." Chaeyoung paused a bit as he took a deep breath.

"What are you trying to say?" Mina asked, facing Chaeyoung with furrowed brows.

"We should end this relationship here." Chaeyoung breathed out. Mina widen her eyes, she though don't want to agree but she needs to.

"Okay. If that's what you want." Mina said.

"Stay here. You're the one who rented this condo. You should stay here. I'm gonna leave now." Chaeyoung said and began to pack his things insides his bag.

Meanwhile, Mina was just sitting there at the couch in the living room, she was secretly crying and sobbing.

"Mina-ya." Mina heard his voice, she didn't respond and just continued to cry. Mina was startled when Chaeyoung held her hand and he kneel down in front of her.

"Mina-ya. Although it hurts, but I need to. Mina-ya, I'm letting you go, I'm setting you free to love someone. Just promise to me, if he or she will hurt you, tell me and I will punish them. Mina-ya, even if we're gone, I wish we could be friends." Chaeyoung said, tears uncontrollably falls down. He was about to let go of Mina's hand, but then Mina had tightened the grip, don't want to let go of him.

"Mina-ya, I need to go. I know you need space just like me." And with that, Mina let go of his hand and finally he made his way outside the unit where they used to live together. Mina cry even more as the sight of him disappeared.

-------

Two months had passed by, both always see each other insides the campus since both are studying in the same university. This year will be their last year as a college students. The two couldn't avoid to see each other, when they bumped into each other, they just simply smile.

-------

There's one time in the cafeteria, all tables are now occupied, Chaeyoung was now looking for an empty table until his eyes landed on the person who was eating alone.

All tables are now occupied and there's no table left for him. Chaeyoung decided to approach Mina, though he was doubting but eventually he did approach Mina.

"Hi."

Mina lift up her head and found him again.

"Uh. Hey?"

"Can I share a table with you?" Chaeyoung humbly asked. Mina look around, all tables are occupied now, so she has to say yes.

"Sure." Mina nodded.

"Thank you." Chaeyoung mumbled and began to dig the foods in. He was really hungry. Chaeyoung coughed as he choked the foods. Mina looks at him with worried expression.

"Slowly, will you? Here, take this water." Mina handed him her water bottle and he took it and smile at her.

"Thank you." He said as he done drinking the water.

-----

The two created a conversation.

"How are you, Mina-chan?"

"I'm fine, really. How about you, Chaeyoung-ah?"

"Just like you, I'm doing fine as well." Chaeyoung replied and Mina nodded.

"Mina-chan, after college where do you want to go then?" Chaeyoung asked, feeling curious. Mina licked her lips and fixed her hair.

"Japan." Mina replied shortly. Chaeyoung nodded and clasped his lips together. He expected Mina wouldn't ask the same but, this time Mina asked the same question.

"How about you, after college, where do you want to go?"

"Ah... I don't know?" Chaeyoung shrugged his shoulder. Mina giggled.

Soon, the school bell rang indicating for their first period class in the afternoon, so the two of them bid their goodbye to each other.

"Hope we could talk like that again."

"I hope too, Chaeyoung-ah." Mina said, softly.

"See you around then?" Chaeyoung said and Mina nodded. Both parted their ways going to their classroom building. The two had already decided to let go of each other and now... They stay as a friends... Only.

"Bye friend." Chaeyoung waved even though Mina was now far from him. Mina hear his voice, she stopped on her tracks and turn to face where Chaeyoung was standing.

"Bye friend." Mina waved back, though he couldn't able to hear her since her voice was too small, she manage to make her voice louder than its usual.

Both waved their hand goodbye.

Both were smiling to each other even though they couldn't able to see each other's face clearly.

Soon, Mina's the one who made her way and Chaeyoung just watch at her leaving. Chaeyoung smiled and he too made his way going to his classroom building.

The end...