Chp 3:

Nicolai:

I paced back and forth in my living room, Charlie my German Sheppard watching my every step.

"Bro, you mind standing still? All your pacing is giving me a headache" Eli said raising his hand in a stopping motion.

I groaned and sat down.

"Look man, just do what I do when I'm upset..." Eli said slouching backwards into my couch cushion and taking a sip from his Arizona sweet tea can.

"I'm not going to resort to drinking every time I have a problem." I said glaring at him.

"Whatever man. You're missing out!" he said, he sounded faded.

He always sounded that way though.

I shook my head and shut my eyes.

"Listen, Nick I think you should be worrying about the more important things at stake." I turned to look at him, I was confused.

"What would that be?"

"Your club...it opens tonight." he said taking another sip an looking at me.

My eyes grew wide as I shot up "Crap!" I grabbed my phone off of the marble counter top in my kitchen and pulled up my calendar.

Sure enough it read 'Club Opening: October 10th, 2014'

"Why did no one remind me?" I said hurrying up my winding staircase of my loft "I-I just did..." I heard Eli yell out as I reached the top step and hurried into my bedroom.

I opened up the doors of my walk in closet and looked from side to side, one side of the closet hung all of my blazers, coats, and jackets.

While the other side hung all of my nice dress shirts, my regular t-shirts and pants were folded up in drawers underneath both of the cabinets.

In the middle of my closet was an island that held all of my watches and colognes.

I frantically threw shirts and pants left an right as I looked for an outfit to wear for the night. I usually had someone do this for me. I grabbed a light blue collared button down shirt and black pants and black shoes.

I turned around when I heard the sound of a knock at my door.

"I'm going to get going. I've got to pick this chick up, her name is Serena. She's a model." Eli said biting his lip, giving me a smirk and head nod.

"You? Elias Aiden Piercy? Are picking up a girl..on your own?" I said looking at my brother in shock.

"She told me that she finds it attractive when guys do that...whatever let's me get with her than I'll do it." I shook my head in disbelief and disgust.

"Hey man! Listen you haven't lived until you've hooked up with a Brazilian model..so don't judge me."

"Little late for that." I said grabbing my wallet and phone and walking passed him down the staircase.

I said goodbye to Charlie before locking up my loft and leaving, Eli a few steps behind me.

"So I never really did ask, what's the big issue with this chick you're working with?"

We got on the elevator "We hadn't even been in the same room together for more than 15 minutes and she immediately started judging me freely." I said putting my hands in my pockets and looking up at my reflection on the ceiling of the elevator.

"What about?"

"She was telling me that I didn't know how to do stuff on my own, because in her words 'People like us get handed everything in life.' " I said aggravated now.

"Harsh"

I nodded "What did you say back?"

"I threatened to get her fired."

I looked to my left at Eli who looked surprised.

"She didn't even flinch."

"Sounds like you've got a dilemma on your hands."

"Whatever man, the stupid project I'm working on will be done in three weeks then I won't have to worry about her again." The elevator finally dinged as it opened up to the parking garage below the building.

"Well good luck with that man, I'll see you later tonight." I nodded as I pulled out my car keys and climbed into my Audi.

I sat in the drivers seat for a few minutes and thought about the situation.

How was I going to deal with this?

~*~

Please follow, vote, and comment :)