Chp 13:

Nicolai:

I got home that night, realizing I had a stupid grin across my face since I had been home.

I made it upstairs and removed my shirt, that's when I noticed a note on my bed, it was a white envelop.

The words, To Mr. Piercy were written in sleek red ink on the front of it.

No return address.

I opened it up to find a note inside.

Nick,

I know we haven't spoken since that time in Cancun, but I haven't been able to stop thinking about you since I last saw you speak at the auction in Martha's Vineyard back in February.

I would've come up to speak to you, but I didn't want to make things awkward.

So I decided to write you this letter. I miss you, Nick and I want you back in my life again, we had so many great memories and I had never met anyone that made me as happy as you had.

I'll be in town for the rest of the weekend, and tomorrow I will be at the Rosestone Cafe around nine 'o'clock a.m.

I would love to see you.

With lots of love,

Mackenzie

I sit down on my bed and set the note down next to me, as I run my hands over my face and groan out loud with frustration.

This couldn't be real.

After four years, she now tries to get back in contact with me.

I find myself laying flat on my back the rest of the night, not moving a muscle.

~*~

Saturday morning came quickly, as I sat on my bed and stared at the wall, a knock came at my door, "Mr. Piercy, I'm going to run errands, is there anything specific you would like?" Asked Maxwell, I slowly stood up and opened my door.

"Yeah, a time machine." I said leaning against the doorway, he tilted his head up and looked at me oddly.

"Is this regarding that note?" he asked, "Yeah, how did you know?"

"Miss Whalen dropped it off for you, I was the one who set it up here." I groaned, "I don't know what to do."

"May I ask what seems to be troubling you?"

"Mackenzie wrote me, because she's in town and says she misses me and wants to get back together." I said looking at Max as I was at a loss for words.

"Hm. When was the last time you saw Miss Whalen?"

"Five years ago.

When I went to Cancun with a bunch of friends from college, she was one of them..we had an on again off again type of relationship before then and then the night we left Cancun I broke up with her, things were stressful."

"Be honest with yourself. Has she once crossed your mined in the last five years?" he asked me, he always sounded very smart when he spoke. He was though.

I raked my hand through my hair "Honestly, no. Not once."

"And as of right now, present day, you are seeing Miss Erickson? Is that correct?"

"I-I don't know, we haven't put any label on it."

"How are your feelings towards Miss Erickson, as opposed to when you and Miss Whalen were together?"

"Not even remotely close, I have these thoughts and feelings towards Tess, that I have never had for another woman before."

"Then, it sounds like you know what to do."