Chp 14:

Tessa:

I had never, ever been the kind of girl to fall for a guy so quickly, let alone the kind of girl who would some how end up stumbling upon someone as gorgeous and smart, and kind as Nicolai Piercy.

Yet, I had.

Now it was time to face the facts, I sat as I waited for him to say,"It's over. I'm getting back together with my ex, I don't feel like this is working out."

I looked at his eyes, they were soft and warm.

"Yes?" I said in response to him.

"Last night, I got a note...it was from an old friend of mine, or actually my ex. Her name is Mackenzie." My stomach clenched

"She asked me if I could meet with her for breakfast today, to talk about some things, and I did."

"Okay, what kind of things?" I asked trying to sound cool and calm.

"She told me she missed me, she missed us and she kept thinking about me."

I bit the inside of my cheek to hold it together.

"Okay, and?"

"So after she told me that, I told her that as much as I appreciated that, it had been four years and I was over our relationship quickly.

I told her that I had honestly not thought about the two of us the last four years, not until now.

And then I told her that I was seeing a girl, a wonderful, brilliant, kind, and beautiful girl named Tessa. That I was extremely happy to have you in my life, and that I couldn't imagine you not with me."

I looked at him blankly, in absolute awe.

"What-what did you she say?" I asked, my voice cracking again.

"She nodded and said she understood, she then said that she was very happy for me and wanted nothing but the best." He said with a warm smile.

I realized I was holding my breath "Tessa? Breathe."

"So, you're not here to tell me that things aren't working out with you and I and that you're going to leave me for your ex that you have known for far longer than I."

I said, I quickly covered my mouth. The words were out before I could even stop them.

He looked at me in surprise then a compassionate expression formed on his face "Why on earth, would I ever leave you?"

"I- I don't know it just seemed like it might have been heading down tha-" His lips planted on mine as he pulled away from me and opened his bright green eyes.

"That was a nice way of telling me to shut up." I said gushing. He smiled and rubbed my hand with his thumb.

"Leaving you, isn't in the cards for me." I sighed again with relief.

"Likewise."

A few moments later my family barged in.

"Oh, hi. Nick. We didn't know you were coming over." my aunt said trying to sound casual, it was far from it.

He smiled "I, uh had to discuss some stuff with Tessa."

"Oh, nothing serious I hope?" she continued on, my mom and sister watching from behind.

"No, nothing serious. Nothing bad. But I do have to go, I'm having lunch with my mom and brother in about a half hour, so, I'll see you soon?" he said to me as he gave me a look, it was intense yet kind.

"Yes, of course." I said.

"Great." He leaned in and kissed me on the lips, right in front of my family, I could feel their eyes on us as I heard a slight gasp from one of them.