Chp 17:

Nicolai:

I looked her up and down, her eyes were baggy and her face was burning.

She turned away from me quickly and held her head over the toilet, I grabbed her hair and held it back for her.

I ran a hand over my face as she leaned backwards against the wall, she looked exhausted.

"I don't know what's going on with me." she said her voice cracking.

I clenched my jaw shut and looked at her blankly.

I leaned backwards against the sink, keeping my eyes locked on her sickly face.

She jolted up again and leaned over the toilet and hurled.

I turned away at the sight and covered my mouth, as my heart rate sped up.

I stood up and grabbed a small towel out of a cabinet over the sink and wet it than handed it to her.

"We should get you home" I said helping her up, a knock came at the bathroom door as my mom slowly opened it up.

"Is everything-oh Tessa, darling are you alright?" she asked her face looked worrisome.

Tessa slowly nodded "I think I just have a stomach bug" she said brushing her hair out of her face.

"I'm taking her home" I said looking at my mom, she nodded

"Okay, oh Tessa I really hope you feel better. I'm so sorry."

"It's fine, it'll pass"

I grabbed Tessa's coat and slipped it on over her shoulders as we headed back out toward my car and got in.

"Just rest, baby" I said as I rubbed her cheek with my right hand and then started the car.

She slept on our way to her apartment. Once upstairs and outside of her door she unlocked it and we walked in.

"They must be out" she said.

I helped her to her room, she lay down in her bed and pulled the covers up to her chin.

I stood over her and she shut her eyes, "Do you want me to get you something?" I asked sitting on the edge of the bed now.

"Could you get me some Advil and tea?" she asked sounding tired, I nodded.

After a few minutes I figured out how to work her coffee and tea machine and poured her some hot green tea with honey into a coffee mug.

She slowly sat up and took a swing as she downed the Advil and set her head back against her pillow.

I stood up when she grabbed my wrist "Will you..stay with me?" she asked.

I nodded and took off my coat and shoes as I climbed into the bed next to her, wrapping my arms around her waist and pulling her into my chest.

~*~

Tessa:

I awoke and looked at the time on my phone, it said 6:30 p.m. my eyes grew wide as I turned to my right to see Nick peacefully asleep, his arms around my waist.

I couldn't help but smile. I slowly adjusted my body to face the opposite direction, as I did, his eyes slowly opened and looked at me.

"Hi" he said giving me a tired grin, I smiled back "Hi"

"You're awake" he said letting go of my waist and slowly sitting upright in my blanket covered bed.

I nodded and sat up as well. "How are you feeling?" he asked rubbing his hands over his face "I actually feel a lot better. It's weird." I said refering to how sick I had felt previously.