f o u r

You slowly took your gaze off of the book you were reading and decided to eavesdrop on some girls conversation in the library. You got up and went to where you could hear them more, pretending like you where getting another book.

"I think Jimin and TaeTae should do a duet for the talent show." One of the girls spoke. You moved closer to where you supposed they where at.

Wait. You knew your brother could sing... but, Jimin? How couldn't you possibly known that?! You've almost known him your whole life.

The sound of the bell ringing slightly made you jump and leave your thoughts. You placed all of the books back in their right spot.

-

"Jiwoo!" You yelled as you ran to your best friend. You stopped in front of her locker and nudged her arm. "What's up?" You asked smiling. But she didn't return the smile. Instead she was looking really gloomy and she kept her eyes down at the ground as she grabbed her books.

You tapped on her shoulder, but she didn't look up. You grabbed her by her shoulders and spun her around to face you. Your heart aches seeing the tears stream down her puffy cheeks. You didn't want to ask her what was going on since it would probably make things worse. So instead you pulled her into your arms and let her sob and snot into your school shirt.

After a couple of seconds listening to her crying, you looked around to notice that you two where the only ones in the hallways. She pulled away from you and sniffled as she rubbed her eyes.

You didn't say anything except watch her. You didn't want to force her to talk so you would just wait until she was ready, even though you where being impatient.

After she got rid of all the snot and tears she finally looked up at you. You sent her a reassuring smile and caressed her shoulder. She smiled back and placed her head on your hand that was on her shoulder still.
"I'm sorry." She says.

You furrowed your eyebrows and looked at her confused. You didn't know why she was apologizing for. She really didn't do anything wrong, not that you could think of though.
"What for?" You asked as you slowly placed your hand back to your side.

She took a deep breathe and stood up straight. "I'm sorry for ruining your blouse with my snot and tears." You chuckled and lightly hit her arm.

"Right. You owe me a new school shirt." You say as you laughed which let her to laugh. Seeing her laugh after she was just crying warmed your heart up. But you also wanted to know what was bothering her, and if it was something really bad you would really want to be there for her.

"So what was all the crying about? And you don't have to tell me if your not comfortable..." You say as you gaze fell to her shoes. She sighed and grabbed your hand. "Of course I'll tell you." She says while smiling. "But not right here. I don't want anybody to hear, or I don't want us to get in trouble."

She says as she dragged you along with her. You didn't complain. You just let her drag you with her to the garden of the school. She let your hand go and looked around to make sure no one was there. After she checked and lead you to a bench next to the flowers. You two took a seat.

She smiled and she inhaled the beautiful scent of the outside. You smiled and picked up and flower and smelled it. You broke a part of the flower from off the steam and stuck it behind your ear.

You turned towards Jiwoo ready for her to tell you what was wrong but you didn't want to rush it as you watched her enjoying the garden.

After a couple of minutes she finally came back to reality and realized why she brought you out there. She turned to her side so she was facing you know.

She grabbed your hands in hers and smiled sadly. "Y/n. My best friend." She starts off saying while ending it with I feel sigh. She continues to talk without letting your hands go.
"You know a few months ago how I told you my father was sick?" You nodded your head. Paying closely attention.

She let out yet another deep sigh. "Well, it seems like his condition didn't get better. Instead it had gotten worser." You started to notice her eyes starting to water.

"A-and the doctor said he couldn't get the surgery for free." You didn't need to hear anymore of it so you pulled her into your arms and squeezed her and she sobbed again into your shirt.

You rubbed her back trying to comfort her as you felt her shaking a bit.
You didn't want her to go through this pain. You didn't want her father to die. You didn't want Jiwoo to suffer from this. So you have to help her. Even if she doesn't want help. Your going to help her.

You pulled her away and smiled as you wiped some of yours and her tears away.
"I'm going to help you. And your father and mother get through this."

She sniffled and gave you a puzzled look. "How?" Her voice came out quiet. You smiled as you had already had a idea.

"A singing contest." You say and you stood up holding up one finger. You looked down at her and smiled. "I'm going to enter the talent show and sing. The prize is 500 dollars."

Jiwoo only pouted. You noticed and sat back down next to her. "What is it Jiwoo?" You asked.

She looked up at you and pouted even more. "The surgery cost way more than 500 dollars." She says almost as a whisper. You looked at her shocked.

Telling by your facial expression she knew what you where going to ask.
"1,000 dollars." Your eyes widened and your jaw dropped.

"1,000 dollars?!" You practically screamed. She shushed you and nodded her head whole biting her lip. You let out a long sigh as you thought. You thought and thought some more until finally, another idea came like a shooting star.

"I got it!" You say as you jumped up and smiled. "How about I still sing at the talent show and then you and I could open like a snack store for school?"

She smiled and stood up. She nodded her head and pulled you into a hug. She jumped up and down with you. "Thank you so much y/n. You are literally the besets friend some one could ever wish for."

You smiled and pulled away. "No problem." You replies back. "How about we open the store tomorrow so we could get a head start?" She nodded and you smiled.

"Great. Starting tomorrow."