Parasitica!

The night was... peachy. A bit hot but Karai didn't care about it. It was calm and without any unexpected weather phenomenon happening.

Amber eyes locked below the roof she was standing, to the streets crossed by many people. Though it was late that night, the residents seemed not to bother as they kept doing their own things. Karai wondered, ever since she came in that city, how they are so... calm. It was like nothing happened to them, nothing touched their souls and nothing hurt their feelings. They were just a mass of people walking on some concrete floors, unaware of what happened up to the roofs of their houses. Or anything else.

She removed her grey mask from her face. Her ruby lips were set into a thin line and they didn't even stir. She then stood up and stepped back from the edge. She wasn't in the best mood of patrolling like her father ordered. There were so many other things that mattered her lately. Doing stupid patrols, training in Bradford's Dojo and fighting random robots that popped up on her way were just... a distraction. A small, pleasurable distraction to her problems that torture her over and over these months- no wait- years.

Tonight, she was out of the lair not only her dad barked at her to leave him alone and do what the hell he wanted to do; it was because she couldn't see her best friend getting hurt. She knew that this moment she was watching the night on a roof, Rowan was trying to stand on her feet and fight back her father. The hated, as she called, Shred-head.

And she just has gone.

Her head turned to her right and gazed for a while the roofs opposite her and the awesome view she had from the whole city. Truly beautiful. Karai hoped to the opposite rooftop and started to run like she was running a marathon. Yeah, she liked that feeling. She loved running like there was no tomorrow. But now she felt it mechanical, artificial. She just did it to move her legs and nothing more.

Her thoughts didn't stop torturing her.

Her steps paced at a stop and she managed to catch up some heavy and relaxing breaths. She glanced behind her; the cathedral building was still in sight. She felt her eyes watering and in an instant moment, she looked away. She didn't want to cry. She had to prove to herself that she was strong enough under the worst circumstances. People should be strong afterwards. You'll never know what will happen in the next few moments.

She kept running and flipping on the roofs.

_____________________________________________________

They did everything to bring Leo back to his normal self and nothing got the results they wanted. Donnie called it crazy but Raph would do it either way. He just couldn't see his older brother acting like that and the fact that he was sitting for hours in Donnie's lab, doing absolutely nothing except watching a stupid egg...well, it meant something. And it gave him bad vibes.

Really bad vibes.

And that was the main reason he was out of his room. He promised to himself and his little bros that this madness would end that night. And he would be the one who's gonna end it once and for all.

The lab doors opened with ease and Raph let himself to step in slowly. But as he realized, not that fast, Leo wasn't there and the egg was unprotected. And I thought that would be hard to do, he instantly thought happily as he drawn out his sais; he felt so confident and relieved that this would end soon.

But his brother had other thoughts.

The sai locked on one of Leo's katanas who blocked his way to destroy the wasp egg. Anger filled him and his green eyes narrowed at him. What the heck is goin' on with him lately? He couldn't understand that turtle. "Leo, what are you doing?" he demanded, eyes narrowing even more and his mask almost covered them completely. But then, they went wide when Leo lowered his sword and revealed his... total black eyes.