Album... (10)

We rented the studio from 8:00 pm to 8:00 am because it was WAY MORE cheaper to rent it the whole night rather than the whole day, that meant that we were going to be up all night but we were more than willing to. We decided not to invite anyone so that it would just be us. The band.

8:00 pm
The guy that worked there showed us around and instructed us how it all work. Roger went straight ahead to set his drum kit, I played random songs for a bit in the piano, Freddie started warming up his voice, Brian and John were working on some chords and pieces of songs together. I turned to look at the guys to see them so concentrated in what they were doing it looked like a perfect picture for a postcard, all of us working together, in that exact moment I felt truly happy, I had these four dorks as my best friends and it was actually more than enough, being with them made me feel like I was at home, safe and welcomed. Meeting them was the best thing that could have ever happened to me.
I had the certainty that we were going to succeed.

10:00 pm
"There's NO way we are going to succeed!" Freddie exclaimed while throwing the piece of paper that had some lyrics that Brian had written earlier. We have all been fighting for the last hour, me and Freddie were arguing about the lyrics, Brian and Roger were arguing about the pace of the song and John was sitting in the small lounge outside the recording box calmly reading a book. "Can you please stop being a bitch for once in your life and sing the fucking lyric?" Roger snapped at Freddie. "What did you just called me?" Freddie asked Roger taking a step closer to him. "I think you heard me clearly" Roger said lifting his chin a bit up giving Freddie and intimidating look. "Okay we need a break." I said standing in between them. "I'm out of here." Freddie said while walking out. "John come with me, we are getting something to eat." Freddie said while passing past him. When they were both gone Brian spoke up. "Um, I'm gonna go and try to convince Freddie to sing this version of the song, see you in 10" Brian said to us while taking a piece of paper. When Freddie, John and Brian were gone, Roger went to sit in the lounge and I stayed inside the recording box, he put his elbows in his knees and his head in between his hands.

I tried to play something in the piano but everything came out wrong, I couldn't find the notes for the song that I was looking for, I looked up to see Roger who had been in the same position for 10 minutes now. "Rog!" I screamed. He didn't move. "Roger!" I yelled again, I was pretty sure he could hear me but he was ignoring me. "Roger Meddows Taylor!" Nothing. He didn't even flinched when suddenly an idea came into my mind.
I sat behind his drum kit and I started banging the drums randomly which obviously produced a horrible noise which made Roger chuckled, he took his hands off of his face to look at me, when our glances met I noticed that he had red puffy eyes. He had been crying out of anger. "Oh no." I whispered to myself standing up and walking towards him.

I sat next to him awkwardly in the couch not really knowing what to do or say to him. "You must think I'm a pussy right now." He said rubbing his tears out of his face and covering it once again with his hands. I chuckled at his comment and scooted a little closer to him. "I don't think you're." I sighed. "I actually think that it's okay to show your emotions, if you want to laugh, then laugh, if you want to scream, scream and if you cry then cry." I said to him. "I'm so stressed, I hate fighting over a fucking song, and we still have the whole night to fight over 6 others." He said rubbing his temples. I had never seen him so anxious and stressed until now.

I placed my hand on his back rubbing it softly up and down, at first Roger tensed up when I touched him but then he relaxed. I started drawing circles with my fingers in his back and he sighed. "Rog, I know that right now it doesn't seem like the band is working out but I assure you that we will work, trust me, we have a gift all five of us, together we are better." I whispered to him trying to make him see my point of view. He took his hand off his face and turned to look at me, his eyes were still a bit red because of his crying which only made them look more blue. "Thanks" he mumbled still looking at me. "Besides, I can't just quit, I'm a badass drummer, right?" I laughed at his comment and kept rubbing his back. I broke eye contact now looking at my fingers tracing figures around Rogers back, but I could still feel him looking at me so I turned to look at him again,  a strand of blonde hair fell across his face, he looked so cute, precious was the most accurate word. I tucked that strand of hair behind his ear and I let my hand rest in his cheek, his face got closer to mine, then closer and closer, our noses almost touching and that's when we both leaned in, when suddenly...

"OKAY Andrea, I'll sing your bloody song." Freddie marched into the studio right before me and Roger kissed, perfect timing Freddie, I thought to myself. The sound of the door opening and Freddie's voice made me and Roger jumped, both of us stood up on our feet.

1:00 am
I was exhausted, we had been recording none stop, the good thing was that now we all had apologized for behaving like a bunch of 9 year olds and the songs were coming together greatly.

3:00 am
I didn't know the definition of being tired until now. We had just finished recording Seven Seas of Rhye and since Freddie wanted me to play the intro as fast as possible I could barely feel my fingers now, we recorded the song at least 8 times now, but there was still something off about that song. "I know what is wrong with the song." John exclaimed so high as if he had just found a dinosaur fossil in the studio. "What is it John?" Brian asked intrigued. "The thing is that Freddie shouldn't be the one singing the 'sister sister' part, the one who needs to sing that part is Andrea." John said making them all turned to look at me, I laughed and hard, I couldn't possibly sing I was literally the worst one out of us five when it came to singing.
"Why would I sing that part?" I asked John. "You see, we need a high pitch female voice for that part to give it contrast to the chorus." John replied calmly. "Then let Roger sing that part." I replied. "Haha, so funny Andrea." Roger responded in a sarcastic way. "I'm dead serious Rog, your falsetto is amazing and you can probably reach higher notes than me" I said in hope that he would sing the 'sister sister' part. "We still need a female voice for that part." Brian added. I groaned and looked down at my feet thinking about it for a couple of seconds. Oh fuck it. "Fine, I'll do it."

4:00 am
Pain. That was the only thing that I could feel, physical pain, I had to sing the highest notes I could at least 53 times to get the perfect tone for the song, my throat was literally burning, my stomach was literally eating itself because I hadn't eaten for the last 12 hours, my fingers were literally going to fall off after playing the piano for one hour straight. I felt like dying.

5:00 am
As soon as I slid next to Roger in the sofa he collapsed in my shoulders, we both had finished our parts of every single song in the album while the other three were still recording and adjusting some details to every song. Instead of leaving, me and Roger decided to stay in the studio watching the other ones and giving our opinion every now and then. "I'm so tired." Roger whispered into my neck. "So am I" I whispered back. He put his arm around my shoulders pulling me closer to him, I rested my head on his shoulders and my eyes started feeling heavy.

8:00 am
"Andrea, come on, wake up." John said shaking my shoulder. "Ugh, I'm up" i groaned. I opened my eyes to noticed that it was so bright. What the hell? I thought to myself. I looked around and saw that Roger was sleeping, still cuddling with me. I stood up which made Roger wake up.
"Guys, this is it, we finished our first of many albums." Freddie said with the biggest smile ever.