Rehearsal... (4)

"Don't you think this lyrics sounds like shit!?" Freddie said almost yelling.

We have been practicing for almost 6 hours for our first presentation as a band in a pub were university students hang out. Most of this rehearsal consists of Brian, Roger and Freddie yelling at each other while me and John stay in silence doing whatever they tell us to.

"Maybe it's not the lyrics, maybe it's you the one that sounds like shit!" Roger snapped at Freddie. "Woah woah, I think we should just stop arguing" I interrupted what was going to be the start of a heated argument.
"I have an idea, i'll play an octave higher so that it sounds more in tune with the guitar and John can play a few chords while Roger is doing the intro and Freddie, I think we should stick to the lyrics, it just goes with the whole vibe that we are trying to show, unless you guys have a better idea" I said looking at their shocked expression, either because they knew my idea would work or because that was the first time I spoke a whole paragraph to them.
"Andrea it's right, lets just play and do what she just said, ok?" Brian said and we all nodded and started playing.

After that the whole song sounded so much better and the mood was happier, Roger, Brian and Freddie let go of the anger and stress that they had and we all had a great time.

"So, nervous for tomorrow?" Roger asked me. He was sitting next to me in the couch of Brians apartment were all of our band practices were going to happen.
"Well it isn't my first time performing in front of a lot of people but it is my first time performing in a band so just a bit nervous." I replied "What about you?"
"I'm nervous about how the audience might react when they notice that our old lead singer quit and that now there are three new members in the band" Roger said sighing and scooting closer to me so that our shoulders were touching; and that's when Freddie entered the scene. "Roger, my dear, don't worry about it, they are going to love us." Freddie said while sitting in between us making sure we were far away from each other. Gosh he is taking the no dating a band mate seriously.
"I think we'll do great tomorrow, there's nothing to worry about" John said joining the conversation and sitting in the sofa in front of us. "I still think we should practice more, maybe even postpone the show for next weekend" Brian said sitting next to John. "Are you for real?" I asked Brian. "We CANNOT postpone it, if smile stops performing for another week everyone is going to forget about us." Roger yelled at Brian.
"We are performing tomorrow at 8 in the pub and that's final." Freddie said.
"Brian, there's no need to worry, we will do great, the last hour practicing was literally perfect, tomorrow everyone is going to be in awe with us, have faith." John said, what I've noticed about him was that he was very quiet maybe even shy, but he had the most positive attitude i've ever known.
"OK! we'll play tomorrow." Brian finally decided.

After that we all just talk for a bit, mainly about music but also about our lives and family. Every now and then I would catch Roger staring at me and turned his gaze away when I met his eyes. Roger was lucky that Freddie didn't notice any of it.

"Im gonna go now, bye guys." John said and hugged each one of us. "See you tomorrow" I told him. Twenty minutes later I decided that I should probably go because it was getting late and I was going to practice tomorrow all day long so the most reasonable thing was to go home.

"Guys I'm leaving, see you all tomorrow" I said standing up and hugging them before leaving. When I hugged Roger he whispered into my ear "Can I walk you home?" I didn't know what to say, so I just simply nodded, I mean, walking home wasn't any sort of date so there was no reason for Freddie to get angry, right?

We were standing outside of the apartment when I decided to start a conversation. "I live like 10 blocks away, I hope you don't mind walking that much" I said to Roger who was looking down at his feet. "I don't mind at all, that means that we are going to have more time to talk" He said smiling.
"So for how long have you been playing the drums?" I asked him.
"Well I started when I was 10 and haven't stopped ever since" He answered.
"That's cool, you're very talented." I said. "Thanks, so are you" He replied.
"Andrea, do you think the band will succeed?" Roger asked me. "I think we sound great, and we have so many good ideas for new songs but we have to give it time, maybe even record an album and just hope for the best" I answered looking at Roger's blue eyes. He nodded and we both kept walking talking about everything and anything.

It was nice being with him, it felt as if I had known for ages, I was surprised of how open he was with me and even more surprised that I was open with him too, considering that I'm actually really shy. I may not be able to date him but I'm able to have him as a friend even though I wish we were more.

"This is it." I said after walking for about 20 minutes and finally arriving to my house. We both walked to the front door and said goodbye to each other, he gently kissed my cheek and started to walk away. Come on Andrea, invite him in. But i couldn't bring myself to say anything. Maybe another day.

<...............>

Yayyy I'm finally starting to post daily.
I know this chapter is trash but next chapter will be longer and way better.