Insurance... (16)

I felt dizzy, my head felt 10 times heavier, my whole body felt numb but in pain, it felt as if I was high, it was hard for me to open my eyes but I eventually did.
"Shh shh, she's waking up." I heard someone whisper, I didn't recognize the voice.

I opened my eyes immediately regretting it, the light blinding me. I groaned and shut them closed again. A few moments passed and I decided to open them again, this time looking at my left and away from the window.

My vision was a bit blurry at first but eventually came back to normal. I saw Freddie holding my hand while Brian and John were looking at me in awe. "Yes! YES! you're awake." Freddie said with happy tears in his eyes. They all looked relieved.

"What happened?" I mumbled a bit tired. "You had a concussion but you're okay now." Brian said reaching to hold my hand. "You slept the whole night and morning until now." John sighed, he looked nervous and anxious, at the edge of having a panic attack. "Am I at the hospital right now?" I whispered, too tired to make an effort to say it any louder. "Yes darling you're but don't worry, the health insurance covers it all." Freddie said pushing Brian away from me and holding my hand once again kissing it slightly.

Insurance. That was a funny word.
In su rance. I n s u r a n c e. I repeated the word over and over in my head, clearly high in pain killers.
Where have I heard that word before. Health insurance. Life insurance. Home insurance. Car insurance.

THE CAR!

"Rogers car!" I yelled at the top of my lungs snapping back to reality making my chest hurt. "hey hey hey, it's okay, don't worry about that." Freddie whispered pulling himself closer to me. My head started hurting again by thinking about yesterday. "Where's Roger?" I asked them. They all sighed and looked away from me. They didn't answer but I didn't ask them again.

"I'm thirsty." I mumbled trying to distract myself from the fact that Roger didn't come to see me. "Water." "Yes water." "Now now, water." "she wants water." "Yes she's thirsty." They all said at once walking around the hospital room looking for water. They looked so cute until John opened the door leading to the hallway and yelled. "Help! Help! It's Andrea! Someone help!" He yelled as if his life depended on it. Five nurses and two doctors rushed into my room pushing John aside. They all saw me laying comfortably in bed and their faces were confused. "What's the matter?" One of them asked. "She is thirsty." John replied embarrassed noticing that he made such a big deal out of nothing. The doctors and nurses groaned and rolled their eyes exciting my room.

"I guess i'll just have to go to the cafeteria to get you some water" John said leaving the room.

"How are you feeling?" Freddie asked me rubbing my hand with his thumb. "My head hurts a bit." I whispered closing my eyes again. We stayed in silence for a few minutes until Brian spoke up. "I'm so sorry Andy, I really am." Brian whispered with a voice crack at the end of that sentence. I opened my eyes, he was biting his nails looking down at the floor. "This is all my fault." He said more to himself than to me.

"Brian wh-" "I shouldn't have given you the keys, I noticed you were drunk but I still gave them to you, i'm an idiot." Brian said cutting me off. "Don't blame this on yourself Brian, I did this to myself, this is not your fault whatsoever" I replied stretching out my hand for him to take it. I pulled him into a hug which hurt my back but I didn't care. I didn't want Brian to think it was his fault. I heard him sobbed slightly, his breath hitting my neck, I ran my hair through his curly hair. "it's okay Bri, i'm okay." I whispered to him. We pulled away from the hug and I swiped away my tears away, I didn't even notice I was crying.