✔5

"Mrs. Simon, I think it's better to leave the situation at hand. We can't do anything. It doesn't make sense. A clueless investigation. At least if the was an evidence then we would investigate but there isn't" the police man said, his pot belly bouncing in his attire.

"My daughter had a portrait of him! She remembers the car registration number!" My mom snapped glaring at him. "And you know she has just enough proof! Y'all just being scared! Cowards!"

"Mrs. I think we should handle this in a civilized manner..."

" My daughter died last year and since then, you guys have done nothing about it! And you have the guts, the audacity, the effrontery, to stand in front of me and tell me to be civilized. Civilized!! If nothing is done still, You can consider yourselves jobless and hopeless or the rest of your lives, do you understand me? "

"Ma-" The police began 

"DO YOU UNDERSTAND ME?!!"

"Yes ma" 

They all filed out of the room with each other while dad hugged mom as she cried on him. I was about to walk out of the room when I heard one of the say something that made me stop in my tracks.

"These people are just making a fuss about the whole issue. Who knows if that girl is not just making it up and everyone is believing. You don't even know if the other girl has run away with her boyfriend. after all that's how they all behave. Mstcheww"

When he said that, something in me snapped. And just then, the bells in my head rang.

Signalling one word. DANGER.

I clenched my fists as I hard as I could, my fingers digging into my flesh and hit the table hard causing all heads to snap in my direction.

"Oh! so Mr.Policeman isn't just good at being lazy, stupid and selfish. He's also good at making fun of people and telling god-forsaken lies" I spat out.

"Yemisi what has gotten into you?!" I heard my dad say with surprise but at this point, all I wanted to do was to slap the man senseless, whether he's older than me or not.

"How dare you?!" I raged "You are payed to look after the citizens right? but here you are talking trash about them!! My own sister, in your village, has boyfriend and ran away with him. What about the blood we all saw?! What about the gunshot I heard? WHAT ABOUT THE SCREAM I HEARD?!! Nah It's calm, It's just a figment of my imagination?" At this point tears were running down my face and I was screaming at him but I didn't care. All I wanted to do was to get rid of the pain I was feeling at that moment. 

"You don't even care do you? You don't even have a heart. It's like the devil just came and tore it away from you, that's why you have the guts to say absolutely senseless things."

"Hace, young lady am not your mate" he said walking back to me

"And who said you are? Who said you were?! You may not be my mate according to age but mentally, I'm sure my IQ is way higher than yours." I yelled. I walked up to him looking down at him.

He was so short.

"My sister was my everything" I whispered, my heart aching "at least just try. try for us. You haven't done that. Even if my sister really is dead, at least find the people. I want revenge"

"and if we don't?" He taunted. 

My mom was struggling hard against my dad screaming at the top of her lung. "LET ME GO! ALLOW ME TO BEAT HIM!! SIMON LEAVE ME ALONE!!!"

I took another daring step to him and looked at him in the eye, voice crystal clear and cold. My next words came out with so much venom, I saw him shiver.

"Mr. Man, You find my sister or her kidnappers, unless you'll regret your existence. Mark. My. Words" 

With that, I turned away and half walked, half ran to my room, tears streaming down my face. I chocked on a sob and kept hitting the wall with my pillow.

All I ever did was to believe in you God

My phone dinged and I reached out to it. It was a message from an unknown number.

Unknown: You better stop trying find your
                      sister.  Or you'd regret it.

I gasped. It felt like I'd just been hit with a bucket of ice cold water

Me: who are you?

Unknown: ...

Me: is my sis alive? Please I need to know.

Unknown: I've said all that is needed to be said. don't show this message to anyone and you're safe. If not...the rest will be history

This person was threatening me!

This person was watching me!

This person is somewhere!

This person is with...

MY SISTER!

DEAD...

OR ALIVE!

I couldn't say a word of course. I love my family. I couldn't put then in danger because of my foolish act. Call me foolish but I was gonna find out about my sister's 'death'.

Whether you like it or not.

***

*Wicked laugh* this is about to get dramatic and mysterious.

Fr, this chapter kind of got me in my feelings 😥

God bless our police, they really are trying for us. I know the kind of police I put here is somehow 😂 but still, we can't deny that most of the police are helping us, risking their lives just so we are safe. Again...God bless them💚💚

Egungun be careful, na express you dey go 🤣🤣

someone comman take my laptop away 😂😭

Stay blessed💕

Hey! You're still reading?

Okay...you can go read the next update...bye!

Hehe..😂😂 okay I'll stop now, for real bye 😂