✔40

I was NUMB

I was DUMB

I couldn't speak or move for like fifteen seconds.

"W-What h-h-how, can..?" I trailed off looking from my sister to Tony.

"You weren't meant to see her" he stated.

God! He's a big fat idiot.

"I wasn't meant to....can someone freaking explain to me what's going on here?? What the hell are you doing here? Yi-Rita"

I was so confused. Why is she coming to Tony's house, why did he act like he knew...no way! He said I wasn't meant to see her that means he knew something. Rita and I didn't look alike, like the typical cliché twin thing.

Why isn't she even holding a bag or anything to symbolize she was visiting, she was holding a black nylon with bread? Inside it.

"Can someone please say something?" I begged.

"Y-Yemisi? What are you doing here, Tony did you tell her?" She asked turning to Tony. He shook his head "she wasn't even meant to be here" he sighed.

Hello?! I'm right here!

"Then how did she...why is she here?" Yinka asked. That's it!

I walked up to her, dragged her by her collar and pulled her towards the front door before turning to also drag Tony inside, both of them protesting..but who cares?

I pushed them on the couch and walked into the kitchen. Don't ask me how I knew where it was. I opened the freezer, grabbed a bowl of ice cream and three cups and spoon, then I got chocolate flavored oreos and walked back to the sitting room.

I dropped the items on the table and sat down next to Tony.

"Start explaining. Feel free to have some ice cream but if you're not fast enough, I'll finish it. Strawberry is my favorite" I shrugged grabbing a cup and spoon. "Try oreos in ice cream." I added.

"Uhm..s-should I start?" Yinka asked. I nodded at her.

"O-Okay. I only remember waking up in this room and a doctor attending to me. They asked me how I was and stuff and then after everything...he walked in...Tony. He told me that he found me at the side of the express road. Ibadan express. And I was injured and got shot also. My clothes were tattered and I had uncleaned wounds. And above all..I was passed out. So he took me and cared for me. If you're wondering about his parents..."

I felt Tony tense up beside me. I squeezed his hands.

"...its his place to tell you that. We decided not to tell anyone about me because we couldn't trust anyone yet. that was until we found out some poster on Instagram with my picture on it and some people saying they were looking for me. Before then, we decided to change my name to Rita Matthews since I didn't even know my name. I went into modeling. So when we found the poster and we were sure it was me, After the camping,  Tony decided to change schools to your school for better information. as creepy as it may sound, we knew you before we even met you. so then I went visiting and that was when it was confirmed that in your sister, got kidnapped and all. I'm really sorry. "

I stood up. I needed air. But I won't run.

"you're a creep you know. And if you knew.. Why didn't you just tell me since and save me the stress. You acted like you didn't know me meanwhile you knew so much about me. You know....it hurts. a lot!" I said pointing at Tony.

He stood up and covered my index finger with his "you didn't expect us to trust anyone at least understand." He begged.

"Oh! not even her own blood twin sister! You couldn't trust me!" I shouted removing my finger from his hand.

"Yemisi....understand please! Just reason with me"

"When you wouldn't reason with me? You think I'll reason with you! You must be mentally disoriented." I glared.

"If you saw me kissing your sister how would you feel?!"

"I don't know...we aren't dating, so why stress?" I said practically repeating his own words to him.

He groaned and sat back down a look of hurt playing on his face.

"We'll talk later? I think this is a personal issue between you both" My sister said standing up and walking away.

"I'm sorry Okay? I didn't mean to hurt you but I meant to beat that idiot! He knew I liked you all along but..." He trailed off realizing what he just said.

My eyes also widened as I came to a realization also. "Uhhhhh....w-what I said...I m-m-meant I have a uhm --- ahem crush ahem on you? N--no!"

Talk about awkward

"That w-was......u-u-unexpected?" I stuttered. He...he liked me back?! Wait...he didn't even know if I liked him. I decided to woman up and tell him.

"That's funny I---"

"Yemisi? Your mama Is waiting for you  outside" the gateman called. "Oh! Thank you" I grabbed my phone "It's really late! Its already 9:58 pm" I gasped.

I turned to Tony, he was looking down. "I---I will see you tomorrow?"

He nodded and pulled me for a hug before letting me go.

That night, I couldn't sleep. I did everything I could to get tired and sleepy...count tiles, imagine anything, drink milk, actually workout. But it wasn't working.

I kept thinking about Tony's little confession. He looked so downcast when the gateman called me. Was he expecting to say I liked him back?

Why did the stupid gate man come just then?!

I groaned and turned placing my face in my pillow. In two weeks, we're going to have our first test week and God knows I haven't really been paying attention in class.

Shoot me.

Just shoot me.

As if on cue. Or....juju at work.

A gun shot rang through my room.

***

When I was typing the last sentence...I was in a huge debate.

Is it...ran throughout my room (doesn't make sense to me)

Or rang through my room

Or rang in my room.

Ah! I don't know.

And I swear I'm sorry about the cliffhanger. I just felt like adding it..nobody should strangle me oh 😂

It will end in the next chapter don't worry. And I'll update that one sharp sharp.