✔38

No one moved.

No one reacted.

I was really frozen.

I couldn't say a word.

It was like the time zone here just paused.

"Y-You.. H-How could--" Yimika sobbed before running away.

I looked at Tony, he glared at me. "At least, let me explain please" I whispered. I don't know why..but I felt the need to explain. I felt like I was owing him that explanation.

He ignored me and walked to Daniel. Without a word, he punched him in the face.

Daniel staggered backwards before standing up straight and throwing his own punch back.

Tony wasn't having it. He punched his nose and then his stomach. He kicked his knees and kept punching him.

"Tony!" I screamed trying to hold him back but he pushed me away and kept punching Daniel. "Tony stop it!" I shouted running to him again. This time he pushed me harder making me fall and scrape my knees on the floor.

They bled. Really hard. Blood kept oozing out non stop. Just like Tony kept beating Daniel. Non stop.

"Separate them!" A teacher called. Two boys came and pulled tony off Daniel. The weird thing was.. He didn't say a word. He just agreed and walked away with them. Not even looking at me.

I was angry, this time at Tony. Why would he do that? He almost killed Daniel!

Two other boys came and carried Daniel to the school clinic while Temi ran to me and hugged me tight. She pulled me up and helped me to the clinic also.

"Ahan! Only you.. Two boys. and some people are looking for one" She giggled while wiggling her eyebrows. Only her would find it funny.

"Shut up jare, shouldn't you be in class?" I growled. She laughed harder.

We got to the clinic where I was attended to. "If boys are fighting just walk away. You'll get injured too" the nurse attending to me smiled.

I was shook because. We all know some Naija nurses. Especially the school ones. They will just be shouting at you and doing amebo. Instead of attending to you.

"Thank you ma" I said returning her smile. She smiled one last time and allowed me to leave.

I walked into the class, looking for Yimika. She looked up at me and then stood up to leave the class. She ran out to the bathroom. "Yimika chill joor" I called limping after her. She paused and turned.

"Oh! What? Rub it in again?! What do you think you're doing Yemisi?" She asked glaring

"Please chill out. Allow me to explain. Please. Just listen. Don't be like Tony"

She exhaled and pulled me to one of the reading rooms. Locked it, made me sit and also sat down too.

"Start explaining" she said.

"It was Daniel okay? I never meant to lead him on or anything. When I got to the basket ball court where he was, I called him and then he started getting vexed like oh "why aren't you with your boyfriend " and then I was like "Tony  is not my boyfriend." Then he now started ranting about how we were lovey dovey and showing affection to each other. Then out of the blues..."

"How about red?" Yimika asked. She has started again with her dry jokes. "Ode" I muttered. She half smiled at me

"...he asked me to hug him. I hugged him because I felt like it was a lot to take in for him. I know he likes me. So I just..hugged him. I'm sorry."

She nodded encouraging me to continue.

"I swear to God, Yimika. I never wanted to kiss him. I swear. He was the one that kissed me. I was shocked. I didn't process it well. And then... That was em when you came. I swear I was pushing him but he wouldn't budge. Thanks to my ugly muscles. Please..I don't know how to explain right now. But I can promise you..I'm not doing anything funny. I'm even trying to play match maker for you and Daniel but...I don't know"

she laughed "it's..it's fine. I-I trust you okay. Just try and talk to Tony. He was the shocked one. You know..that boy likes you and I'm sure like him too abi?"

She wiggled her eyebrows.

"Eww. Me and tony?"

"Hmm sure. That's what they always say. Lemme think about it sef. Wait... What's his Yoruba name?"

"I don't know " I said. "What do you wa--"

"Nevaeh plus Tony, equals to..Nevony or Tone or Tovaeh. Ahh! I'm shiping you both!!"

"Honestly. You are mad" I said walking out of the reading room. She laughed and followed me out.

"You're Madder, Yemisi. You is a madder girl"

*****

SO....Yimika was mature. Tony? I'm not so sure 😂

Did Daniel deserve it? I personally think he did, wbu?

This book is coming to an endddd But maybe in seven to ten more chapters.

You never know :)))))))))))