Chapter Three

I was doomed, no actually I was dead. I was sitting in the principles office, with Hunter standing at the door. Sense there was only one other chair left after Mr Anderson sat down in his, Hunter stood by the door like a total gentleman giving me the chair. I know he wasn't doing that just because he wanted too, oh no I knew something was up but what. I will find out what's happening, well that's if I survive this visit and then my mum and dad.

"Miss Rose," says Mr Anderson clicking his fingers in front of me. Ops what can I say, I zone out and daydream.

"Sorry Sir," I say quietly, at the corner of my eye I see Hunter staring at me. I shiver and focus my eyes back on the matter at hand, my death sentence.

"Now that I have your attention," he says looking over at me, I gulp. "I was told that you two misbehaved in Maths and that you guys couldn't be quiet more so you Destiny." You see most students hate their principle, he's usual a bald guy with bad taste of fashion. But well with me I hated him another reason, he was my uncle. He wasn't old and bald, instead he was in his mid thirties, dark brown hair and green eyes.

"Sorry Sir, I haven't had a good morning," I say, I watch as Hunter does his cute half grin thing. Oh why did I have to like him, why oh why. What did I do to deserve this bad morning.

"Destiny," my uncle says trying to hide his smile. That's the thing about my uncle, he was funny, friendly and just lovable, everyone loved him. Don't get me wrong I do love him dearly but when at school he always showers me with good behavior and stuff. I was teased constantly for it when the students found out I was his niece.

"Sorry," I say shrugging my shoulders with a small innocent smile.

"As I was saying, your punishment is that you two have to work together in every class, including assignments," he says slowly. "Also you two have to learn to get along with each other, including that no more nasty insults are to be used. Understood?" he says putting his hands on his desk. Wait did he say that we had to work together in every class we had together. My death sentence now just led me straight to hell.

"Sounds like the best kind of punishment Sir," says the cocky guy behind me, his hands crossed in front of him.

"No way," I say quickly, my uncle looks over at me with a frown.

"I am not, can not, will not work with that cocky moron behind me," I say also crossing my hands.

"Wow so you are smart at least in English," says Hunter coughing as my uncle looks at him with his death stare.

"See I can't work with that uncle," I say using my family card with him. I don't like using it but I was not working with him.

"I'm sorry darling but that's the least I can do, would you rather have detention for the year and call your mother and father," he says looking over at me with a soft small smile. I sign and know that he's won this round at least for now.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~

"He's your uncle," Hunter says as we walk down the corridor. I had tried to walk fast away from him but I had short legs, he didn't. I didn't answer him and instead walked on ahead.

"Carrots," he says slowly. I stop and turn around to face him.

"Firstly my hair is red not orange," I say taking a step closer to him as each word that went out my mouth. "Second, carrots is old fashioned," I say, I was now standing on my tip-toes and was staring at him. I looked at his blue eyes, that was flashing in the light of the hallway. He was gorgeous, he would never like me. Great now I forgot what I was gonna say and now I'm staring at his lips which was so close to my forehead. I look up through my lashes and see that he too was staring at me, with that cocky half grin on his face.

"I'm guessing there was gonna be a third reason," he says after a couple seconds still staring at me.

"I uh.." I start to say, but Hunter leans down and pulls me into the wall of the hallway. I was scared and shocked, I was up against a wall with Hunter's tall frame in front of me. He leans down so that we are eye level, his long fingers wrapping around my hands and holding them in place at with side of my face. Hunter comes closer until it looks like he's gonna kiss me, but at the last second he whispers in my ear.

"I know you like me," he whispers in my ear, my eyes widen as he lets me go.

"I may be a cocky idiot sometimes but I'm your cocky idiot. See you around Princess," he says winking at me than he's gone just like that. I'm so terrified, I couldn't make sense of his words, what did he mean.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~

"He said what," says a very surprised Annabelle once school was over. I had ended up missing the rest of maths plus my history lesson. At both lunches I had hid in the library, and strangely my last lesson had been HPE and Hunter hadn't turned up.

"Are you positive that's what he said," Annabelle says as we walk past the students. I nod my head, haven told her what happened and why I had left her at both lunches.

"Wow! I can't believe it. I think you weren't the only one that was going crazy liking him, I believe that he also likes you," she says smiling at me. No that couldn't be right, he couldn't like me.

"It must be right after all he has been treating you differently than everyone else you must admit Destiny," she continues as we walk to the front of school. Annabelle was right there, he talked to everyone except me, and he was always watching me turning up somewhere I was.

"Plus you get all his sexy half grins," she says, fanning herself. If you haven't guessed yet sometimes Annabelle can be a bit dramatic like now.

"No I don't," I say quickly, I still wasn't in the best of good moods.

"Ah yes you do sweetie, he gives everyone his small smiles but I swear he gives you his half grins and things." I try and block her talking, he couldn't like me it just didn't work. Princes were meant to fall in love with their Princess's, who were really gorgeous, and I wasn't one.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~

A week had flown by, and still Hunter was not seen anywhere. I spent my weekend helping Hayden fix his motorbike and playing with Felix on the ps3. Like my uncle promised, he hasn't told my parents anything about my punishment and bad language even though it wasn't that bad.

It was Sunday night that I had received a text from an un-known number. I frowned but clicked open my messages.

Unknown: See you tomorrow and please try and contain your excitement for maths first up haha :) sweet dreams Princess ;)

It was an un-known number but I had a feeling I knew who it was, I wonder how he got my number though. Before I go to sleep, I save the number to my phone under the name of Cocky Idiot. With a smile that I didn't even know I was wearing, I fell asleep and woke up in a sweet dream.

***

Well this is chapter three, it just keeps getting more interesting as it goes on. Don't forget to like and comment and if you have any ideas to add on, feel free to leave a private message for me :)

Have a good day or night everyone.

Amy xxx

P.S ~ If you guys were wondering where Hunter was and why he wasn't at school, stay tuned for the next chapter because it's gonna by in Hunters view of what he was up too.