Chapter Six Part One Hunter's POV

It's been two weeks, two long weeks. Tomorrow would be the 26th of August, which meant I only had a day to figure something special for Destiny's birthday. If you're thinking why Hunter did I leave it to the last minute, well it's because I just found out by over hearing them talk about it.

"Hey dude, need any help there?" asks an all to familiar voice behind me. I grin as I turn around to spot Matt standing at the door with a silly grin on his face. I gave him a spare key to my place a long time ago so I wasn't surprised that he was in the house when I had locked the door earlier.

"Hey mate," I greeted him, I pause whatever I was watching but wasn't paying attention to and walked over to him.

"What you doing over here..." I trail off as I see a bag beside my best mates feet. Usually when we visited each other, we both didn't bother to pack because he had my clothes at his place and he had clothes here so the question was why did he have a big bag at his feet.

"What's with the bag Matt?" I ask slowly, Matt shrugs.

"I thought that I should bring more clothes over here, if I was gonna stay here," he replies, I catch sadness in his voice.

"Stay here?" I say, what was this guy on.

"Yeah, I ah..." he trails off and looks out the window, than he looks at me.

"Roommates?" he asks sadly, I frown.

"My parents kicked me out ok, a kid at school pranked me bad. I invited him over and he snuck drugs in my room when I wasn't looking, mum found out and kicked me out. I have nowhere to go Hunter," he finishes, plunking himself onto one of the chairs and restarting the movie. It ended up being fast five, fast and furious five.

"You can stay here for as long as you need Matthew, who's the guy?" I ask him, as I take the seat beside him.

"I don't know his name," he says but he's lying because his eye twitches.

"Matthew," I say, this guy was gonna get a visit from me and a black eye and broken nose and maybe a spilt lip to.

"Ok ok, his name is Brock King. But don't go over to him, I mean it Hunter he's a tough dude and he'll kill you."

"I won't," I say, "for now," I mumble the last part under my breathe. We spend the next hour watching the movie until I finally bring up the question.

"What do girls like?" I say quickly, Matt's looks over at me with a frown.

"I mean uh.. If you wanted to surprise someone that was your friend but was a girl.. Sense it's her birthday," I say thinking that sounded better.

"You wish this friend was more than a friend am I right?" Matt says grinning at me. Damn I forgot that Matt knew me all to well that I never buy gifts or surprise girls.

"I hate you man," I mumble quietly shaking my head. Matt grins and asks about this special girl that he had to meet.

"She's different all right. She's got a heart shape face, big grey eyes that is so strange but gorgeous, long curly red hair that looks so soft and you know what. She isn't like all the others that throw themselves at me, I think she actually hated me at the start to be honest. When she gets nervous, she plays with her hands and bites her lip which is cute and she hates all girly things," I trail off as I see Matt's surprised face.

"God dude. What happened to Hunter Woods? this girl has come along and you can't stop looking at her. I'm surprised she hasn't noticed you checking her out or thinking that you're are stalker," he points out grinning. I slap myself oh god this girl had really done a number on me. And it's then that I get the best birthday surprise that I know she'll just love.

"I have an idea but I'll need your help and probably Annabelle's too," I say getting up and grabbing my phone off the table.

"I'll help anyway I can man, but I want to meet this girl soon," he says getting his phone out and texting someone probably Maggie. I text Annabelle the details of my plan once I finish telling Matt it.

Annabelle: OMG she's gonna love it. You came up with that by yourself wow I'm impressed. I'll help you do this, anything for my girl on her B/Day. By the way I know ;P

I read her message smiling at the first part but frowning at the second part.

Hunter: what do you know???

What was she talking about, maybe she was high or something but I knew she wasn't.

Annabelle: duh are you really this dumb aren't I the one that's meant to be dumb :P

Hunter: I must be because you're making no sense here Belle

I wait for her to reply but she doesn't, I wait ten minutes but still get no reply back. "Well I've got all the things booked and sorted, Maggie has called and booked a table for us five," Matt says yearning.

"So I'm gonna hit the hay man, I wish you the best of luck with this one, see you tomorrow loverboy," he says heading up the stairs. I grin I deserved that comment sense I had said it to him a few weeks back. I decide to head on up to bed myself because tomorrow was gonna be a long day and I needed sleep and courage to pull all of this off.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Part one was to sneak to Destiny's locker undetected and leave my first note in her locker with a single white lily and the first letter. I couldn't see her brothers car here yet so far I was in the clear. I make my way towards the lockers, when I get a tap on my shoulder. Didn't this person know I was a little busy and on a mission right now.

"Oh ah hi sir," I say as I see Mr. Anderson standing behind me with a smile on his face.

"Hello Hunter, how are you this morning?" he asks politely, come on sir really now.

"Oh uh good sir," I say watching out for Annabelle and Destiny.

"That's excellent, Hunter I just wanted to say that..." I drown him out as I see Annabelle walk through the school doors, Destiny behind her. Belle sees me and frowns, I shake my head very slowly, I see her nod once.

"Good job Hunter," Mr. Anderson says clapping my shoulder, woah did I miss something important here. I give him a small smile as I look over his shoulder to see that Belle had somehow gotten Destiny to go the long way round the school. Yes I had a second chance to do this.

"Right well ah thanks Mr. Anderson but I really must be going, don't want to be late now," I say pulling out the good student card. Mr. Anderson blinks but then nods his head and smiles and walks away after saying well done again. I sigh and go back to my mission. I make it to her locker and put in the code number which Belle helped me with. Yes I hear the click and open the locker, wow not what I expected. There was one picture of her and I'm guessing her family in one corner and video games, motorbikes and cars pictures in the other corners. I get the note and flower out of my bag and place them on the top of her books. With two minutes until the bell, I run into first period and take a seat in my chair behind Destiny. I give a small thumbs up to Belle who smiled, and I lean back in my chair. All I had to do now was wait and watch.

***

Aww isn't Hunter being so sweet today, we get to see that yes he does have a sweet side. Poor Matt though, getting kicked out of his house just because of a stupid prank. And don't worry Hunter will get pay back for what Brock did to his mate soon it'll be happening either the next chapter after Destiny's POV or a little later in the story I haven't decided just yet. But don't forget to keep reading to find out what Hunter has in store for Destiny. I'll be putting Destiny's POV up later today so don't panic it will be up very soon.

Happy Birthday to me :) hehe

Amy xxx