Chapter Seventeen

"Oh hi Destiny," I look back up at his eyes when I hear him call my name.
"What are you doing in my house?" I question him, didn't he have some sort of sports training or something. How did he even get here before I did, and he cooked more then just pancakes. Wow this guy just keeps getting better and better.
"Well I wanted to give you the good news myself," Hunter says stirring whatever was in that pot that smelled so good.
"If you guys don't mind, I'm just gonna be in my study," mum says winking at me and mouthing that she likes him before walking away. Wait to her study, mum didn't have a damn study. She was planning something.
"What good news?" I ask as I take a seat up on the counter beside him, watching him work his way around the kitchen.
"You do know it's not hygienic to be sitting on a counter or table that people prepare food on," he mumbles shaking his head a me.
"Do you know that's it not nice to stalk people," I say back to him, staying on the counter. What can I say, I liked counters.
"Well I'm not stalking you missy," he says winking at me, my eyes widen. Hunter Woods winked at me again in two days, and he was here at my house.
"Missy?" I say frowning slightly at his choice if words.
"Yeah missy, do you have a problem with that?" he asks as he continues stirring and looking at me. I wish he wouldn't look at me, cause sense I'm sitting on the counter, we're so close. Oh why did I have to sit on the counter, and the one beside him.
"Didn't think you did," he says smiling at me before walking over to the fridge.
"I uh.." I trail off not knowing what to say.
"You uh what?" he asks in a teasing tone. I wiggle my nose, a bad habit I do when someone annoys me.
"You're to cute when you do that," Hunter says coming closer to my counter. What was he gonna do, wait did he say cute. I watch as Hunter stops right in front of me. Oh god this was not good, I was over powered by his strong muscular smell. Hunter leans down and places both his arms on each side of my body onto the bench. I could feel the heat of his hands on my legs, oh this was not good. He leans further into me, so that his face was just mere inches away from mine.
"You're very cute and I just can't seem to resist you," he says softly, I bit my lip. My eyes widen again when Hunter looks down at my lips, he blinks, looking dazed.
"What is that smell? it's delicious," a voice speaks up from the kitchen arch way. Hunter jumps away from me, still looking a bit dazed though.
"Oh hi Hunter," says Felix grinning up at me and glancing at Hunter.
"Oh.. uh hi buddy," he says, wow it looked like Hunter Woods was actually nervous and tongue tied. Wow.
"You ok? you're looking a little dizzy," states Felix taking the seat my mum had earlier.
"I'm uh fine," Hunter says glancing at me quickly. "I uh have to go to the bathroom, don't burn the food Destiny," he mumbles as he nearly runs out of the room. Did he even know where the bathroom was, what was that all about.
"He seemed flushed," my mother comments coming back into the room.
"Why was he flushed mum, is he not feeling well?" asks Felix glancing at me then mum.
"Oh I'm sure he's feeling well.." she glances at me, "Better then before I'm sure." Oh my god mother, did she think that we had kissed or made out on the kitchen table. Well he was pretty close, and he did lean in, plus he was looking at my lips. Oh my god, did Hunter Woods like me Destiny Ross.
"How about you go and play in your room for a bit Felix," mum suggests smiling at her youngest son, who nods and runs off.
"So it seems someone likes my daughter," mum states smiling at me.
"No it's not like that mum, Hunter doesn't like me like that, we're just friends," I say stirring the food.
"I don't think so darling," she says coming over to stand beside me.
"I know that boy likes you, the question is do you like him?" she asks looking at me. As much as Hunter was annoying, a pain in my backside, he was also sweet and very hot, thoughtful, funny and a gentlemen. Oh my god, I really did like him.
"Well there's your answer, I think I'll go back to my study," she says kissing my cheek softly.
"Oh mum, you don't have a study," I state out, she grins.
"My imaginary study, the one where I go off to when my children like someone," mum says winking and walking out.
"Oh hi again Hunter," mum says smiling as she continues off. I look around to see Hunter watching me, I blush and continue stirring the meal. I hope he hadn't heard all that, otherwise this is gonna be awkward. I feel someone touch my hand, I glance down to see a big hand on top of mine. Shyly I look up through my lashes, Hunter was smiling at me, his eyes lighting up.
"Guess what?" he says glancing down at me. Was he gonna say marry me, no we're to young for that. Was he gonna ask me to be his girlfriend, no probably not.
"What?" I ask looking down at his hand on mine, they actually fit perfectly together.
"I.." he starts to say before his phone starts ringing. He sighs and grabs his phone, looking down at the number, I frown as I watch his face turn worried.
"Sorry I uh have to take this," he says, I nod my head watching as he answers and starts talking to the other person. Who was Cassandra, that was the name that the number was saved by. Was it his girlfriend from back home, or maybe a family member, friend.
"What do you mean she's been put back in the hospital Cassandra," he yells loudly, I flinch from the sudden noise.
"No I'm not calling you that, you lost that title a long time ago. Who cares if I was there last time, she's my sister." Hunter suddenly goes quiet, listening to the other person talk for a few minutes.
"It's because he found out didn't he, you have no where to go and no one to pay for the bills. Well listen here Cassandra, I am not helping you. I don't care how long it's been, I'm not coming back.. fine whatever." I watch as Hunter hangs up, he's angry and starts hitting his head against the wall.
"Hunter," I say quietly, reaching out for him, I touch his shoulder. Hunter turns around, his face is no longer angry, just sad or held no emotion.
"Why was I born in this life," he mumbles quietly, looking down at me.
"Cause everyone knew you would be strong enough to live it," I answer him softly, I give him a small smile.
"How are you so perfect?" he asks, his face had softened sense looking down at me.
"I'm not perfect, I'm far from it," I say honestly, my life wasn't perfect.
"No you're not, you're perfect you just need to let people in more often so they can see that," Hunter says softly, smiling down at me. I'm speechless, utterly speechless no one has ever said anything like that to me.
"And when they get to know the real you, you'll be perfect in their eyes just as I see you," he says smiling, I blush.
"Listen I know this is kinda late notice and all but.." he trails off shyly, looking around the room. I hit his arm, he glares at me.
"But?" I say, making him continue on.
"Canyouprettypleasecomewithmetothechildrenshospital," he mumbles out so quickly I didn't even catch a single word.
"Slow down cowboy," I say holding my arms up in the air, Hunter sighs and turns me so I'm facing him. I notice how he keeps his warm hands on my shoulders.
"Can you pretty please come with me to the children's hospital?" he asks me, slowing his speech down so I could actually understand the words clearer.
"I get it if you don't want to and all."
"Hunter," I try to say but he won't let me.
"Cause you don't have to."
"Hunter I'll come."
"It's just I can't go alone and I'm kinda scared."
"Hunter Woods," I scream at him, waving my arms in front of him to get his attention.
"What?" he asks confused and dazed.
"I said I'll come with you," I say slowly, he blinks.
"Thank you Destiny," he says picking me up off the floor and swinging me around. Oh my goodness, I was getting dizzy.
"Hunter put me down," I say giggling. But then I remember when I had last said those words, before I nearly drowned, I shut up. Hunter places me back on the ground, grinning at me, he's happy again. I watch as he frowns, his eyebrow raises.
"What's wrong, did I say something?" he asks worriedly. I just shake my head, he hadn't meant to drown me, he wouldn't do that again, at least I'm sure.
"Well let's go then," Hunter says collecting his keys and heading out the kitchen.
"Uh Hunter," I call out to him, glancing at the meal that was still cooking on the stove but now had black smoke above it.
"Yeah?" he yells back, I hear him coming back towards the kitchen.
"What about dinner?" I ask him, I watch as Hunter frowns but then his eyes widen.
"Oh shit," he says as he picks up the tea towel and starts attacking the smoke. The whole time I was standing to the side laughing, I was laughing so hard that I fell over.
"I think you better tell your mum to order out tonight," he says sadly, as he lifts the lid off for me to see. My nose wiggles when I smell the charcoal black veggies and is that chicken or lamb, I wasn't to sure. I glance at Hunter, I thought I had heard him say something about to cute.
"Did you say something?" I ask him, he blinks and shakes his head.
"Nah just that we better get going before Cassandra changes her mind again." As we walk out to his ride, I couldn't help but think who was this Cassandra he kept talking about and why were we heading to a children's hospital.
***

Well guys here's another chapter out, chapter seventeen. This book is gonna be finishing up around chapter twenty-five or thirty, I'm so sad, not many chapters left. I know, I know you guys are probably wondering what the reck, Hunter still hasn't kissed her yet, is he a player or something. The answer is no, Hunter is defiantly not a player people, he's just waiting for the perfect moment ok so don't get all your panties in a twist peps :P Now this chapter is getting a little more personal with Hunter and Destiny's relationship, and I know Hunter was gonna say something to her but then his phone rang. You guys probably hate me right now, cause you guys are probably like what the heck, what was he gonna say. Tell us. Sorry guys but that phone call was pretty important, trust me on this. The next chapter is gonna be a little sad, just warning you guys :( I don't wanna write it cause then I'll probably be upset but it's gotta be done. So with all that said, please comment, follow and vote, I'll see you guys again soon :D
Amy xxx