Chapter Twelve

"Are you alright?" asks a deep voice leaning down and helping me back up. I glance down at all my limbs, they seemed to be fine and not broken, I look up at the voice.

"Matt, what are you doing here?" I ask surprised, Matt's green eyes widen.

"I uh have to find Hunter," he says looking around the now deserted hallway.

"Right now, you couldn't wait until after school," I say frustrated, great I was probably gonna get in trouble big time now.

"It's really important it couldn't wait," Matt says quickly looking at me. I sigh.

"Fine. Follow me and act normal like you're a part of this school," I tell him, I believed that Hunter now had Music in room 29.

"Ok ok, calm down. Live a little babe," he says winking at me, I glare at him while leading the way.

"For your information buster. If I get caught with you out here, and my uncle finds out and tells my parents I'm dead," I whisper to him angrily, rounding the corner.

"Who's your uncle?" he whispers back.

"That would be me." Oh lord no, I look up to see my uncle standing in front of me, frowning down at me and glancing at Matt.

"I'm guessing he's the principle," Matt whispers to me, I can't help but laugh at that one and judging by my uncles smile neither could he.

"Who's your friend that you're trying to sneak out of school Destiny?" my uncles asks luckily he was still smiling.

"I like you already sir," Matt says grinning.

"I'm Matt short for Matthew. I didn't mean to get your niece into any kind of trouble sir, I was just after Hunter for something important," Matt says smiling over at me. Wow Matt was trying his best to save me from my death bed, aw that's sweet.

"And it couldn't wait for after school Matthew," he says frowning. I laugh, that had been exactly what I had said. I glance at Matt who was also amused, while grinning at my uncle.

"That's exactly what she said sir," he says pointing over at me.

"I see well sense you seem like a nice guy and it seems rather important. I will pretend I didn't see any of this, but I will ask you to meet Hunter outside and I don't want to see you around the school again although you seem like a nice kid," my uncle says smiling at Matthew. Matt grins and smiles before my uncle leads him away and towards the big double doors.

"Oh and Destiny, one more thing,"my uncle calls out, I turn and smile shyly at him.

"You better run off to class, don't want you getting into any more trouble now would we," he calls smiling. I nod my head grinning, maybe a girl like me could have luck, and I take off to my next class.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~

"Hey Destiny, wait up will you," I turn around surprised to see Hunter chasing me. I thought that whatever was important that Matt had to tell him would've meant that I wouldn't see him for the rest of the day.

"Sorry I was..." I stop, I was actually thinking about what was so important that Matt had to come in to tell him.

"Day-dreaming," Hunter puts in grinning slightly, I nod my head, going along with it.

"I'm sorry about Matt earlier," he says as we continue walking down the school street. Hayden had the car today and needed it after his practice so I had to walk home today.

"Nah it's alright," I say quietly, my uncle didn't sentence me to death so I was good.

"You're not gonna ask what it was about?" he says sounding surprised. I glance at him frowning, yes I was interested but if it was important and he wanted me to know, he would tell me without me asking.