Chapter Eighteen Hunter's POV

What had happened to Hazel this time. I could still see her clearly in my head when I had last visited her in the hospital. Why had Cassandra rang me, asked me to see her. Wait I already knew why, she needed my help again. Her latest boyfriend must have found out that she was cheating again, and left her. Now she has no one except me. At least she was letting me see my sister, I just had a feeling it was gonna be a lot worse then before. Cassandra sounded upset and shocked when she had called, I still remember what her words were.
"Hunter, your sister needs you." I don't know how she had gotten my new number but I'm happy she's actually letting me come. But I couldn't be alone with her, I needed someone with me. Someone who was calm, helpful, someone who could calm me at my worse times.
"You alright?" asks a soft voice, it was loud cause there was no music playing and we had been in silence. I risk a glance to look at the angel sitting beside me. Her red hair was blazing around her face, her soft curls curling around her soft face. That nose that was cute when she wiggled it, either if it was because she was annoyed or embarrassed. Those soft looking pale red lips, lips that she was biting, lips that I wanted to taste. And ok I needed to look away and think of something like.. yucky broccoli. Those nasty yucky green monsters. I turn my head away from her and back onto the road, there wasn't much life out at this time of night.
"I'm fine," I say hoping she wouldn't catch my sudden deep change of voice.
"You're not just fine Hunter," she says softly, I really loved the way my name just rolled off her tongue. Ok bad Hunter, think of those green yucky things.
"I'm sorry," she says softly, I hated how she felt sorry, how she was saying sorry when she had nothing wrong. I quickly check to see if anything was coming, I pulled over onto the side of the road, hitting the brake.
"Don't ever say you're sorry," I say, turning around to face her. Destiny's grey eyes widen, I hope I didn't scare her.
"I'm sorry, I didn't mean to scare you," I say softly, she nods her head.
"I know," she replies softly, she looks down at her lap. With that I turn the indicator on and go back onto the road, heading to the hospital again.
~ ~ ~ ~ ~
"Hello again..Hunter Woods right," the blond chick from before says as I make my way towards the desk. Destiny was behind me, she kinda reminded me of a puppy following their master, she was so adorable.
"Yeah.." I glance down at her name badge, "Kitty." Who would give their daughter the name of Kitty, oh well not my problem.
"Hazel's in room sixty-three this time, I'll let you go and see her," Kitty says pointing the way out to me. "And who's your..friend?" she asks glancing at Destiny. I knew she didn't like Destiny already, and wouldn't let her in unless.
"She's my girlfriend Destiny," I say putting my arm around Destiny's small frame. I hope to god she wouldn't blush and give it away.
"Oh," is all Kitty says, and then goes back to typing on the computer.
"Come on Princess," I whisper in Destiny's ear as I take her hand and lead the way. Destiny stays quiet, as we make our way through the halls and doors. I wish I wasn't pretending that she was my girlfriend, I wanted her to be but I don't know what she would think or do. I was so caught up in my thinking, that I didn't even know that we had stopped cause Destiny was pulling on my arm. I frown, turning around so that I could see her, she looked sad and helpless.
"What's wrong Destiny?" I ask her, I wanted to know so I could help her, make her feel better.
"I'm so sorry Hunter, I'm so so sorry," she mumbles crying, I pull her into my arms and rub her back. What was she crying for, why was she sorry, it didn't make sense.
"Destiny you have to tell me what's wrong, why are you sorry?" I ask her softly. I hear her sniff, and look up at me through her lashes. Her cheeks were puffed up from crying, her eyes were all red.
"You.. You don't.. know," she stumbles over her words, shocked. I shake my head, what didn't I know.
"Hazel's your sister right," she says softly, she was trying hard not to cry again.
"Yeah Hazel's my younger sister, she's about a year and a half old, she's so cute," I say feeling happy just talking about her.
"I'm so so sorry," she starts crying again, I continue to rub her back softly and hold her tightly against me. Finally, Destiny looks up at me, her mouth was in a sad little upside down smile.
"She's in room sixty-three.." she starts to say, her eyes were tearing up again. I nod my head, what did that room mean.
"She's.. she's.. in a coma Hunter.. I'm so sorry," she says looking up at me and hugging me tightly. Wait Hazel, my little sister is in a coma, a sleeping coma that you could die from if you didn't wake up. That type of coma, coma. I blink, no that can't be right. I let go of Destiny, in shock, and look at the door of room sixty-three.
"Hunter darling," says a high pitched voice behind me. I turn to see Cassandra standing in the hallway, in a tight black dress and big black high heels. Destiny has also turned around to see my mother, she was frowning in deep thought, her cheeks were still wet from her crying.
"Cassandra, is it true?" I ask her, I needed to know this, and if it was true, how did Hazel get in a coma in the first place. I hear Destiny gasp, after my mother nods her head sadly. I turn around in shock and open the door, it was like my body was in autopilot, I had to see her. As soon as I see Hazel's brown hair, her familiar body shape, in the cot. Maybe they've mistaken her for sleeping, not in a coma.
"Hazel baby," I say reaching for her little hand, she doesn't move or open her eyes.
"She's been in a coma for two days Hunter," Cassandra says coming to stand beside me overlooking her little girl.
"Two days and you just told me," I yell at the women that was once my mother. Cassandra looks over at me, a tear in her eye.
"I'm sorry alright, I thought she was just in a deep sleep," she says softly, smiling at her daughter.
"You should've known the difference Cassandra. How is she even in a damn coma, it has to do with Paul doesn't it," I say turning to face her, she nods her head.
"Tell me now," I say angrily, I was so mad.
"She was being naughty and he taught her a lesson Hunter, he just want to far.. I swear he didn't mean for this to happen," she says, she was actually taking her boyfriends story, his side.
"You're taking his f*cking side," I yell at her, I see Destiny come into the room, she's shocked, frozen. I don't blame her, my family is so f*cked up, it isn't funny.
"Who the hell is she?" Cassandra says pointing at Destiny with rage. "Are you one of my sons latest flings or something?" she asks Destiny, I see her eyes widen, she's beyond scared.
"Cassandra stop it," I say, trying to calm myself down, I didn't need to hit her cause if I did I wouldn't be able to help anyone.
"Leave Destiny alone," I say, I come to stand beside Destiny, putting my arm around her frozen body.
"Destiny, that's her name. God son I thought I raised you better than that. It's just destiny that she showed up here and started causing you all this trouble," Cassandra yells at me, screams more like it. "She's just a little slut, that's not good enough for my damn son, you're not welcome here Destiny now f*ck off back where you came from." I can feel when Destiny flinches from my mothers harsh words, she's shaking and so am I. I remove my hand from around Destiny and walk up to my mother.
"Don't you dare call her that, you've been the worse mother I've ever had. She's more than just good enough for me, she's changed me and I'll be damned if you ruined my one chance at love mother," I yell at her. I watch as my mother blinks and takes a step back, shocked.
"Well if you loved her, you wouldn't have let her go but she's gone," she states glancing around me. I frown and turn around, sure enough Destiny was no where to be seen. I start to make my way to the door, I needed to find her.
"If you take another step son, I'll believe that you don't love us.. your own blood. If you move, you'll never see me or your sister ever again do you hear me Hunter," mum screams at me. I froze, and didn't move any further, instead I turned around.
"I didn't want to see you ever again anyway Cassandra. I don't love you, I don't even like you. I love Hazel very much, she's more like a daughter to me than a sister. Destiny has made me happy again mum, she's made me well me, I'm happy finally where I wanted and needed to be.. just for once could you be happy for me?" I say quietly. Cassandra stops moving, stops screaming, she just stops.
"I'm so sorry Hunter," she says rushing over to be and throwing her arms around me. I flinch, I try to make her let go but she clings on.
"I've been such a terrible mother to you and Hazel, ever sense your fathers died. I loved him Hunter, he was my love, and he was taken away from me. Away from us," she says crying softly into my shirt.
"I've been so lost, it's like I've been away from my body. And when you said mum, it just woke me up from my slumber," she continues crying harder, I pat her back.
"I'm glad you've meet Destiny darling," she says as she pulls back and looks at me. "She's a sweetheart, a good girl for you. I'm sorry about what I've said about her, about everything. Can you ever forgive me?" she asks softly.
"No I can't forget what you've said and done to me and Hazel all those years ago but maybe.. we can start fresh," I say softly, I really did miss my mum. The one that told me stories, tucked me into bed at night, cuddled me and kissed my forehead.
"That'll be lovely, thank you Hunter. Oh and one more thing darling," she says glancing at Hazel.
"Go after her, I know you really do love her, don't let her get away," she says giving me a small smile. With one last look at Hazel, I kiss her forehead and hug my mum tightly.
"She's strong Hunter, she's much like you, she'll make it I'm sure. Now go and get your girl back," she says pushing me away. As I walk down the halls of the hospital, I couldn't believe what had happened in such a small amount of time. My mother was actually back, Hazel was fighting a coma, I had lost Destiny, but I was gonna fight for her. She may not know this but I loved her and she was worth fighting for. I couldn't lose her as well, she was my princess. I wouldn't lose her like I lost my father. I can save myself, I could fight for Destiny, I could get her back. With this new found courage and determination, I walked out of the hospital with hope, I'm coming Destiny even if I had to beg. I needed you.
***

Hey peps, I did warn you this is a sad chapter :( but it has it's happy bits as well. Cassandra has finally woken up, hopefully she can set things straight again with her family. Poor Hazel though, the poor thing is in a coma :( and what about Destiny, she ran away from the room. Do you guys think Hunter can win Destiny back? let me know in the comments :D
Comment. Follow. Vote.
Amy xxx