Chapter Fourteen

"Mum I really don't want to go," I whine loudly.

"But you must Destiny," says Annabelle, throwing more of my clothes onto the floor.

"She's right dear," mum says also throwing clothes onto the floor. Oh my god, my mum was just as excited as Annabelle and you're probably wondering what's gonna these two into a frenzy. Well it's because there was gonna be a pool party at some girls house this afternoon and Annabelle was dragging me along with her.

"You've already missed to many parties in your decade darling. I think it's about time you went out and enjoyed yourself," mum states while looking over a bright red sequenced top.

"Your mums right Destiny. YOU ARE GOING!" Annabelle states for me. I groan out loud, I hated parties. There was nothing fun about them, people got drunk, partied, drunk some more and partied again.

"There's nothing in here," complains Annabelle, my mum nodding in agreement. Annabelle turns and gives me her best wicked smile, my mum joining in.

"Oh no. Hell no," I yell at them, no way was I going.. Sho.. Shopping. I hated shopping, just the word gives me the shivers.

"Oh hell yes. You have nothing in here that screams 'pool party outfit' so I'm taking you shopping now," says Annabelle taking my arm and dragging me downstairs.

"Have fun darling, pick something good Annabelle sweetie," yells my mother, I roll my eyes. This was gonna be a long day.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~

"That doesn't go with you hair," Annabelle states for the hundredth time sense we arrived. We've been at the mall for nearly two hours searching for 'the party outfit' couldn't I just wear shorts and top. I guess not sense Annabelle was looking at let's say different style clothes.

"Annabelle," I whine, I was fed up looking for this so called party outfit. I was starving hungry, I was bored and moody, not my best.

"Don't you Annabelle me missy," she says wiggling her finger at me while putting the top back on the rack. I fight back the grin, we were different but I loved her for it.

"How about this white skirt and that grey singlet, we could add some jewellery to spice it up a little," she says holding the things out to me. My nose wiggles up, my eyebrows lifting. I had never worn a skirt before, ok so maybe when I was little.

"Ok maybe not the skirt thing," she says giggling and putting them back. I groan and look around the small store we were currently in. It was very bright and classy, there was even a chandelier hanging. Most or all these clothes weren't my style. I was more of your vintage girl whereas Annabelle was all modern. It's than that I spy the perfect pool party outfit hiding behind a bright blue jumper thing.

"Hey Anna," I say quietly, she doesn't reply. I turn around to see her near the front of the store looking at some expensive looking shoe. Great my so called best friend abandon me for shoes, of course. I sigh and walk over to the outfit, moving the jumper out of the way of the beauty. I smile as I take it off the hanger and check it out, oh yes i loved this and it would go with my blue and white poka dot, sailor bikini.

"Wow that is gorgeous," says Annabelle coming up behind me. I grin, oh yeah this is the one.

"We are taking that one most defiantly," she states rushing over to the casher.

"Hello ladies, how are you this evening?" asks the middle aged women, smiling kindly at is while packing the item inside.

"Very well thank you and how are you doing?" I ask back smiling. That was a good thing about this town, everyone or most people were kind-hearted.