Chap. 33

"Are you coming today or what?" Emmett called, throwing a pillow at me.

"It's too early," I complained, throwing the first thing I could grab back at him, which happened to be a bra.

"Get your ass out of bed or I will drag you down the stairs."

I let out a groan, pressing my face into my pillow for a few moments before dragging myself out of bed.

I slipped on a bathing suit and pulled on a t-shirt and pair of shorts over, throwing my hair up into a messy bun. I slid my feet into a pair of flip-flops and grabbed my Ray Bans before heading out into the kitchen.

"She lives!" Emmett announced.

"Shut up."

"The car is loaded," Parker said, coming into the apartment. "Are we ready?"

I reached over and grabbed an apple out of the fruit basket for breakfast.

"Let's go," Emmett agreed, checking his phone.

I followed the boys down the stairs, the three of us silent.

This was going to be a long day.

There was a blonde waiting in the lobby, her nose buried in her phone. Her head snapped up when she saw us, and a smile spread across her face.

"Hey babe," Emmett greeted, with a smile.

"What?" I asked, raising my eyebrows at him.

"This is Reagan," he introduced. "She's coming with us."

"Are you fucking with me?" Parker asked.

"Let's go," Emmett said to Reagan, ignoring Parker and me.

Parker and I exchanged glances, the two of us both surprised.

"This was not agreed upon," I informed Emmett, as we headed out to Parker's Edge.

"I didn't know I needed your permission to invite someone along," Emmett said, rolling his eyes. "If Michelle could've come, you would've invited her."

"That's different."

"I fail to see how."

Emmett opened the backseat door and for Reagan and then climbed in next to her.

And that's when I realized that I was expected to sit upfront with Parker.

I took in a deep breath, letting out a slow sigh before taking the passenger seat.

Parker was gripping the steering wheel, his knuckles practically turning white.

"It's okay not to crush the steering wheel," I informed him.

He let out a chuckle, releasing his death grip on the steering wheel a bit.

I sat criss-cross, staring out the window as we headed out to the bay.

Reagan and Emmett were chatting in the back, and Parker turned on the radio to break the silence between the two of us.

A little over halfway through, the car began to make a clunking noise, and then slowed down to a stop.

"You've got to be fucking kidding me," Parker muttered, slamming the steering wheel.

"Pop the top," Emmett ordered, before hopping out of the car.

Parker joined him at the front of the car, the two of them opening the hood and releasing a cloud of smoke.

"I have a feeling we aren't going anywhere for a while," Reagan commented.