Chap. 42

I raced off campus as soon as the last bell rang, excited pouring through my veins.

I raced home, hurrying upstairs to my apartment.

I was so excited that I dropped my key on the floor as I tried to stick it into the door.

I let out a frustrated groan before successfully picking my key up off the ground, only to discover that the apartment was already unlocked.

I dropped my backpack in the living room on my way back to my bedroom.

My final clue had been my bed, and I had no clue what was waiting for me.

I threw open my bedroom door.

Sitting on my bed was a v-neck Minnie Mouse shirt, a pair of Minnie Mouse ears, and two tickets to Disney World.

My heart stopped in my chest.

I was going to fucking Disney World.

I let out an excited squeal, whirling around to see Parker leaning against my doorway with a smirk on his face.

"Surprise," he said.

I jumped into his arms, wrapping my legs around his waist.

"I'll take you that you like it then?"

I planted a kiss on his lips before dropping back to the floor. "What the hell is this? We're going to Disney? Please tell me we're going to Disney. Of course we're going to Disney, there's fucking Disney passes on my bed. But how? Why? Who cares, I'm going to Disney!"

He laughed, his arms still wrapped around me.

I really liked that.

"I can't believe that you've never been to Disney World. That's like a Floridian classic."

"I get to see where Minnie Mouse lives," I gushed. "And Peter Pan. Oh my God, Peter Pan is at Disney World and I get to meet him!"

"This is all true."

"And is Tigger there? Tigger is there isn't he?"

Parker nodded.

"This is the best day of my life."

"And we haven't even made it to Disney yet."

~*~

"Oh my God look!" I squealed, pointing out my window. "It's Mickey Mouse ears."

"You pass those every time you're in Orlando," Parker informed me.

His arm was casually wrapped around my seat as he navigated I-4 traffic.

"But this time it's so much more exciting because I'm actually going to Disney World."

"I'm not sure I thought this one through."

"Can we see Peter Pan first?"

"Who the hell cares about the rides when there's Peter Pan?"

"Exactly."

"I don't even know anybody who likes that movie," Parker informed me. "It's so old and weird."

"You're weird," I retorted, childishly.

He chuckled, getting into the right hand line.

"Are we exiting now? Is this the Disney exit?"

"Not yet young grasshopper. Patience."

I pulled my knees up to my chest, resting my chin on the tops of my knee caps as I watched the traffic whiz by outside.

"You're wiggling with excitement," Parker informed me, after a few minutes of silence. "It's about the most adorable thing I've ever witnessed."