Chapter 5

This is the flashback chapter. You have to read the last chapter to understand completely why this chapter is a thing. Please enjoy.

You slid your sneakers and went to the kitchen. 

"Morning mommy!"

Your mom looked at you with a smile.

"Good morning angel"

"Ready for your first day of third grade ?"

You smiled at jumped a bit before nodding your head. You grabbed your lunch box and book bag  and waited for your dad at the door. He came around the corner and kissed your mom on the cheek and picked you up and headed to the car. 

He set you down in the front seat and buckled you and sat down in front of the steering wheel. He began to drive you to your elementary school. He stopped at a red light and turned to you.

"Good luck with school today princess"

He ruffled you hair and turned back to the road. 

All you heard was your dad tell you to put your head down before you felt the whole car lift off the ground and go flying. The car finally landed on the ground and you crawled out the window. Trying your hardest to run you went to your dad's side of the vehicle and tried to pull him out.

"DADDY! DADDY PLEASE GET UP" You cried out as blood ran down your cheek and filled your mouth. Tears blurred your vision as you continued to try and wake your father up.

When the police came it was too late. 

He was gone.

*Time skip to your teen years*

She was doing it again. Drinking. Your mom was never the same after the crash. She started drinking after the funeral and never stopped after that. This time she wasn't sad or depressed she was angry.

She threw the third bottle at you but missed and it hit the wall behind you and shattered. 

"Mom STOP!" You tried to reason with her but she continued to yell at you.

"IT'S ALL YOUR FAULT! IF YOU HAD WARNED HIM ABOUT THE LIGHT NOT TURNING HE WOULD HAVE BEEN ABLE TO AVOID IT! BUT NO YOU ARE JUST A STUPID LITTLE GIRL THAT AIN'T WORTH A SHIT!"

She yelled these terrible things at you while you stood there and took all of it. She threw more empty bottles at you in an attempt to hurt you but missed due to her being drunk. You cried. Just stood there and cried. She had never blamed you before. She always just got depressed and cried. She didn't have a job so you at 14 were going to school, working at a cafe, babysitting, tutoring, and walking dogs. It was barely enough to pay the bills on the apartment and your mom took most of the food you bought. So you ate probably 3 times a week. If you were lucky five times. 

She hit you. 

Just like that the bottle collided with your head. You stumbled from the impact and touched your forehead where the bottle hit. You felt a few pieces of glass peeking out and felt blood. You ran to your room and she chased after you. You locked the door behind you and placed a nightstand in front of it. You opened the door to your bathroom and hesitated before looking in the mirror.