~ The Saga of Dirty Jim ~

Dirty Jim is a strange phenomenon that I never expected to capture hearts the way he did. The way I write, I plan out very little of the story ahead of time, aside from a very skeletal plot that usually has a hazy idea of where it could end (and a lot of the time the story ends up somewhere else completely, as I write it). Dirty Jim wasn't in my brain at all when I began writing the story.

Now, for those who don't know, when I started this wattpad account, it was to share the stories I was writing with a single friend, and I would avoid adding tags to the stories, simply putting "notags" or "tagsareevil" when it forced me to tag stories. I wrote the entirety of Ego Daycare with only one person reading it as I went. When I started Honey, I Shrunk the Egos, I only had a handful of followers.

This meant no one really noticed or cared much when I got stuck, and stopped writing after chapter 4. I would eventually get frustrated and completely rewrite chapters 2, 3 and 4, before finally being able to continue. It would be after this point that I would gain the courage to add real markiplier, jacksepticeye and ego tags to the stories and actually begin to gain readers.

So... most people have never read the original versions of chapter 2, 3 and 4. Of course... I still have those versions.

Why does this matter? It has to do with the real origin of Dirty Jim. So for the first time ever, a re-release of a good chunk of the ORIGINAL 3rd chapter (which was first called, "Okay Google, Survive").

* * * * *

Having looked around the room, Google had mapped it out from his new angle. He had attempted to seek out possible escape routes, and odds of avoiding being smashed to bits if he did make it out into the rest of the world. After reviewing the data, he had decided to stay in the room and had begun searching up survival guides and tips. Following his guides, he had surveyed around, seeking out supplies which might assist him. He had come across several paper clips, a few coins and a broken elastic. He had gathered these items under a desk when he caught sight of movement along the wall. The survival guides suggested that when left to survive on your own, you should adopt a pet or create a fictional companion to keep your sanity. Having taken this advice very seriously, Google grabbed his broken elastic, and chased after the creature that skittered around the room. He had captured this new friend and was leading him around by the elastic leash, tied around its 'waist'. He had spent some time attempting to train his new companion and just spending time with him, so the creature could get used to his presence.

It was at this point that Google heard a noise, and pulled his pal under the desk to hide with him.

Opening the door, Amy glanced around the office and sighed. She watched the floor carefully, taking very slow and deliberate steps. "Google?" She called out.

"Google!" Mark cried out from her shoulder.

Slowly, Google walked out from under the desk, pulling the elastic along with him. Amy shrieked and jumped back, nearly knocking Mark off her shoulder, though luckily he kept his grip on her shirt. "What the fuck, Google?" Amy shrieked.

Mark shifted, sighing. "Holy shit. What was that all about?" He muttered, not being able to see what the issue was from his vantage point.

"You tell me!" Amy gently grabbed Mark and set him down on the floor so he was on a level playing field with Google.

"That fucking cockroach is huge!" Mark screamed, turning and ran back to Amy, grabbing her shoe laces and pulled himself up on top of her foot.

"Why do you have that thing?" Amy sighed.

Google glanced down at the cockroach his elastic was tied around. "Survival guides suggest adopting a pet or creating a companion for your sanity. This is Dirty Jim."