Table Top Talk

(( Author's Note:
This is a bit of a shorter story. It takes place between Chapter 16 [And Back To You], and Chapter 17 [No Liquids Over 3oz, or Tiny People]. It's the story of the Septic egos being left alone on Jack's table for the night, before they flew to meet up with Mark and the others. ))

Robin was settled in on the couch, and Signe held Sean in her hand, smiling at the little men, tucked in on top of the pillow. Chase smiled at her sleepily, while Jackieboy Man motioned to pull up a mask he wasn't wearing, out of habit. Marvin very carefully removed his cardboard mask and delicately set it right beside his head, and Jameson rolled over pointing to the mask before giving Marvin a thumbs up. "It's nice, huh?" Marvin smiled. Dr. Schneeplestein was laying on the end of the pillow, his arms crossed, grumbling under his breath to himself. The only one not in bed, was Anti, who was sitting on the edge of the table.

"Do you want help getting into bed Anti?" Signe smiled.

"Fuck off!" Anti hissed.

Sean rolled his eyes, shaking his head. "Just leave him, Woosh. He can figure it out for himself."

"Well... good night guys." Signe sighed.

Nodding his head, Sean sat down in her hand. "Sleep tight guys, we'll get this figured out soon!"

"Thanks Jack! Have a good night bro!" Chase grinned, before he yawned.

Jackieboy rubbed his face a little before offering a small smile. "Night."

"Sleep well!" Marvin called, placing a hand protectively over his mask as he closed his eyes, and Jameson just waved, with a large grin on his face before yawning and dramatically covering his mouth. Dr. Schneeplestein just shook his head, closing his eyes, though Sean and Signe didn't really notice as they headed to the bedroom.

Anti rolled his eyes, watching them go before pulling his legs onto the table and got up, looking for an easy way down.

In about ten minutes, most of the egos were asleep. Of course, Anti was still awake as he leaned off the edge of the table, trying to get his claws dug into the underside of the table, in hopes that he could somehow, safely get down that way.

Dr. Schneeplestein finally opened his eyes, giving up on sleep and sat up, looking over the rest of the alters, very still in the makeshift bed. Grumbling under his breath, he slid down off the pillow and stared at Anti for a moment before approaching. "Vhatever you're doing, just stop it."

Anti hesitated, then leaned back, glaring at him. "You don't control me you know."

"I don't control much at zhis size." The good doctor huffed, before rolling his eyes. "You're going to fall off zhis damn table, break your head open and zhere's not a damn zhing I could do about it until morning."

"Could I... survive with a broken head?" Anti smirked, looking down again.

"I don't know... do you really vant to test it out? Is your life zat bad?" Dr. Schneeplestein sighed.

Anti hesitated, before looking up at him. "Bad? My life's fine doc." He got to his feet, looking the doctor over and finally noticing how irritated his body language was. "Is something wrong?"

Crossing his arms, Dr. Schneeplestein shrugged, then grunted. "Vrong? Vhat could possibly be vrong? Ve're just ze size of fleas, depending on Jack and his friends, and now you're trying to get yourself killed!"

Anti rose an eyebrow, tilting his head head, before he giggled. "You get so worked up."

Dr. Schneeplestein glared at him. "Glitch bitch."