Land of the Giants

(( Author's Note:
This is another shrinking story, and would have taken place alongside all of the other shrinking stories, ending about half way through Ch 16 [And Back to You...].
This is the shrinking story of the Jims, as well as King, and how they came to be in Mark's front yard.))

"What a betrayal!" Reporter Jim cried out, turning to stare into the camera. "If you have any teenie tiny baby people at home, cover their eyes!" Then he placed a finger to his lips. "Shh Jim. Let's try and go in for a closer look. Be very careful. We wouldn't want to be their next victim!" He motioned the camera man closer, leaning down to the ground.

Camera Jim hesitantly crawled closer, leaning in and slowly zoomed down on the ant hill, where a small army of black ants were dragging the body of a red ant they had just killed.

When they had finished filming their segment, they took a few steps away, to get out of the kill zone. "I think we're safe now Jim." Reporter Jim smiled.

Nodding his head, Camera Jim held his camera close. "Jim? I feel... tingly."

Reporter Jim gasped. "I do too!" He dropped his microphone to pat his hands over his body. "Did the Jims fly too close to the sun?!" As he began to panic, Camera Jim quickly lifted the camera to get him in focus and begin filming again. Reporter Jim looked up at the camera, repeating himself for the viewers at home. "Have the Jims flown to close to the sun?! We risked our very lives to bring you the details of the harrowing ant on ant violence, but now... now they've come for us! Stay safe Jims at home!"

"It's... not an ant tingly, Jim." Camera Jim explained when he thought his brother was done. "I don't feel any tippy tappy steps, or stingy ouchy bites. Just..." He furrowed his brow, lowering the camera again. "Electric skin."

Reporter Jim lifted his shirt out with a hand, looking down at his chest. "Well... I don't see any ants." He sighed, looking back up at Camera Jim. "I do feel the electric skin though." He gasped then. "This just in Jim!" Camera Jim was quick to point the camera at him again. "The Jims have become electrified!" Camera Jims eyes widened. "Story at eleven!"

"What... what is the story, Jim? How did we become electric?!" Camera Jim nervously fidgeted with settings on the camera.

"The zippy zappy!" Reporter Jim gasped. "We have to get to the bottom of this. The dead man brought us to the zippy zappy! We'll start there!" He grabbed his microphone off the ground and began to walk. Somehow, neither of the Jims really noticed the shrinking, until Camera Jim began to struggle with holding onto his camera.

"Jiiiiim?" He whined. "Have we been walking for days?"

Reporter Jim shook his head. "No... but I think we're walking in slow motion."

"The Jim shooty is getting so heavy. Can we take a sit down?" Camera Jim sighed.

Reporter Jim stopped and turned to look at him. "The story never rests!" He frowned then. "Jim, didn't your clothes fit you this morning?"

Camera Jim looked down at himself, then nodded. "Yeah. What about yours?"

"Of course." Reporter Jim glanced at himself. "The electric skin is making our clothes biggier?"

"I don't know Jim. I'm tired." Camera Jim sighed, setting his camera on the ground carefully and sat down beside it.

"Oh... alright Jim." Reporter Jim sat down beside him, shaking his head. "One little sit down, just this once." Soon, the shrinking would really begin to speed up. "Jim? Jim what's happening to you?"

Camera Jim looked around wide eyed. "The world is getting awfully big, Jim!"

Reporter Jim turned his head to look around as well, gasping. "The world is GROWING Jim!"