~ The Egos and References ~

I write the egos based on the source material I get, which is obviously, mostly videos. Of course, I couldn't resist making some direct references to those videos. I also wanted to take this time to explain a few other choices I made about the egos.

In Chapter 3 [Ok Google, Fight], the line "He decided that he did not like this new form, and that it would make completing his second objective more difficult." is a reference to the video [Google IRL] in which Google says, "Secondary objective is to destroy mankind.". Of course, the title of that chapter is also a nod to the Ok Google command.

There's a few references to "Bro Average" in the book, of course in reference to Chase's youtube show, Bro Average, from the video now called [The Jacksepticeye Power Hour - Chase Brody]. However as a more indirect reference, the line "Usually when I say I fell asleep with pot, this isn't what I mean." from Ch 21 [World's Worst Easter Egg Hunt], takes it's cue from a combination of Chad's trick being called "How High Can You Fly Dude" coupled with an instagram video that Chad was in where he said "Hey you wanna buy some fucking weeeed dudes?".  The title of Ch 4 [Bro Tiny], is also a riff off of Jack being average height, so when Chase shrinks down, it changes from Bro Average, to Bro Tiny.

Of course, you can't have Ed Edgar without the Baby Bulk Buy, referenced from [Ed Edgar Adoptallott's Baby Bulk Buy]. There was a lot of references to baby selling and the business through out the book, but one of the more direct references was in Ch 5 [Come on DOWN to Baby Bulk Buy!] where Ed interacts with the "cyborg babies" which are mentioned in the video, and climbs into a pen for "tiny babies", which are also mentioned. Also, I feel the need to point out that DOWN being all capitals was a stupid joke about the shrinking, and therefore being lower or down.

In Ch 6 [Trust Ze Doctah], Signe notices a paper on the wall that reads, "100% Real Doctor" which is a call back to the video now called, [The Jacksepticeye Power Hour - Dr. Schneeplestein] in which he holds up a paper with those words, claiming it's his real doctor's license.

Through out the story, Dr. Iplier loves to say "You're dying", which is a reference to [Markiplier TV] where Dr. Iplier repeatedly appears and says "I'm sorry, you're dying.". The Ch 7 [I'm Sorry... You're Shrinking] title, is also a spoof of this line.

In Ch 8 [Magic!], Marvin struggles with his magic, especially the card trick which is a reference to Jack struggling with reading the card deck in the video [The Jacksepticeye Power Hour - Marvin's Magic].  Marvin's anxiety about not having a mask may also stem from the line in the video, "I can't do magic if I don't have the right attire on.", coupled with the fact that without the mask, Marvin is basically just Jack.

A few people did notice that in Ch 9 [The Host then joined the story.], when startled by Dirty Jim, the Host speaks in first person. The Host was originally The Author, and in the video [Danger in Fiction], The Author speaks in first person, which means that the Host at one point, did speak in first person. Of course, there's references to the Host having a radio show, as Mark confirmed on tumblr at one point that the Host was a radio host. The title [The Host then joined the story.] is also to be based on a Host style narration.

I write Jameson Jackson as a mute, in black and white coloration, because in his video now called [The Jacksepticeye Power Hour - Jameson Jackson], the beginning of the video in colour, is Jack, and only when it changes into a silent film, is it Jameson. In fact outside of the thumbnail and some instagram pictures, we've never seen Jameson in anything other than a silent film, to date, and as such, that's the character I portray, as if Jameson is in a constant state of being stuck in a silent film. The title of Ch 10 [The Silent Knight], is in reference to Jameson being mute, and dressed as Batman, who holds the title of the dark knight.