Mistakes (VanitasXReader)

"Go away!" You shouted as you looked through the peephole of your door to see Vanitas. You had just gotten a few snapchats from your friends of him flirting with a worker at a store in the mall. You didn't want to talk to him or see him.

"[Y/N], open up! You won't even tell me what's wrong!" Vanitas continued to pound on your door. "Did I do something?"

"Of course you did something!" You shouted back from the other side of the door. You could feel tears welling up out of the corners of your eyes. "You were a mistake..." You whispered to yourself.

"I'm a mistake?" You heard Vanitas from the other side of the door. "Fine then...I'll leave you alone." You looked through your peephole to see Vanitas start to turn away. You opened your door as he started to take a few steps away.

"Wait!" You yelled. Vanitas turned around. "Um...you left some things here." You opened the door and Vanitas walked in. You closed the door behind you. Vanitas walked behind you and locked the door. "Vanitas?" You questioned. He reached into his pocket and pulled out a rectangular box.

"I thought that I'd make enough money to afford it in time, but instead I had no choice but to flirt with the worker to get the price down." Vanitas handed you the box. You stared back from the box to him in disbelief.

"What is it?" You asked. He gestured for you to open it. Inside the box was a silver necklace. It had three jewels. Two seemed to be diamonds and the other was something the same as Vanitas' eye color.

"Happy one year." Vanitas hugged you as tears streamed down your face.

"I'm so sorry...I thought..." You continued to sob into his shoulder. He began to run his fingers through your hair and rub your back at the same time.

"It's okay, mistakes happen."