Try (NamineXMale!Reader)

A/N: Well I decided to do something I'm not quite used to. I'll always give props to women who can write such powerful male characters in famous books out there. I feel that it's kinda hard to put yourself in the perspective of a male because every guy is unique, just like girls are...but I try to write for girls in what I think most of us can relate to. I'm not so sure what most guys can relate to so...sorry my male readers but your personality is going to be based off of my three straight best male friends. They're pretty average...besides their incredible singing voices.

Feel free to comment if I can edit anything. I would feel so bad if I make a weird decision that most guys wouldn't agree with.

-----

You were really tired of the constant fighting when you hadn't done anything wrong. You felt that if you had breathed the wrong way that you would be attacked. It took a long talk and many different opinions, but eventually the two of you decided it was best to part ways. The relationship wasn't prosperous for either party. There was constant jealousy and deep down the two of you knew that your hearts had belonged to others. The relationship was just a trial between two lost hearts that had gone nowhere with the ones they had truly loved.

It had been awhile since the breakup and things were starting to go back to normal. Your friend group felt less uncomfortable and it wasn't as awkward around Kairi anymore. Sora had asked her to the upcoming school dance, but made sure to ask you if it was okay first to respect the bro code. Of course you told him it was fine. You knew that the two were meant for each other, but it has taken Sora a little while to realize his true feelings for Kairi. You were honestly happy to see that the two would better each other.

On the other hand, you were too nervous to make a bold move as Sora had.

You looked up from your lunch every now and then to sneak a glance at her. Around you, your friends were laughing, complaining about homework, and helping each other with assignments as they ate. Namine had already finished her food and was busy in her sketchbook again. She was in charge of decorations for the dance and had been planning on the setup for a while now with the supplies that they school already had. She was a hard worker and had a lot on her plate. You wished that you could help her, but you didn't have an artistic bone in your body.

You were startled as you felt a paper slip under your hand that was resting on the table. You looked around trying to figure out who had slipped it there but your friends all acted as if nothing had happened. You slowly picked up the note and unfolded it. You immediately knew who had written it as you folded it back up and put it into your pants pocket.

Riku was trying to encourage you to ask Namine to the dance. He had a feeling that she would say yes, but you highly doubted that. You two were nothing more than friends. The reason you two were friends was because of Riku, but you never dared to push it any farther.

You glared at Riku, waiting for him to notice. Once he did, he flashed you a smile. You knew what that specific smile meant. What was he going to do?

"Hey Namine." Riku called out. "I know you're planning the dance and all, but has anyone asked you to it?" Namine looked up from her book with wide eyes at Riku.

"It never really crossed my mind." She admitted. She set her things down on the table as she prepared to have a longer conversation.

"I just thought that maybe you should enjoy your hard work." Riku smirked. "Oh hey, I don't think that [Y/N] is going with anyone."

Namine and Riku looked in your direction as you were put on the spot.

"I didn't think anyone would say yes." You admitted. You looked back to your sad sandwich sitting on the table.

"Have you asked anyone? You can't get an answer unless you try." Namine said.

"I had someone in mind, but I didn't think she would say yes." You said. You picked your sandwich back up and tried to finish it. You ended up leaving just the crust as the table fell silent and lunch ended. As everyone walked to their next classes, Riku waited for you.

"What was that?" He questioned after the two of you were alone. You sighed.

"I don't know. It didn't feel right." You said. "It felt so forced."

"Look, [Y/N], you need to try. You're a nice guy and Namine knows that. Go make the situation right and ask her already." Riku patted you on the back.

"I guess you're right. I'll try something." Riku smiled at you as the two of you started to head to your next class together. "Hey, Riku?" You asked.

"What?" He answered.

"Do you think Namine likes flowers?"

"You won't know until you try."