Fairy Tale (Zexion/IenzoXReader)

A/N: I remember when we found out that Zexion/Ienzo was now a good guy. I totally shrieked because it would go well with this other story I'm writing. Anyways...here we go. It's kinda gross cheesy.

-----

"Ienzo, over here!" You shouted as you waved from a table. You've been waiting for a little while for your old friend to show up.

It was a dream come true that he came back home to Radiant Garden after being gone for so long. He left without a word and you had spent countless nights crying or sulking at your old photos with each other. You would play with him often in the garden just outside of the castle. As the two of you grew a little older you would see him less, but still look forward to your planned time to spend together. One day he never showed up. You went to the castle to investigate and found that no one else was there. It was empty as if none of them had ever existed.

When Ienzo returned you had found out that he was tricked into an evil plan from one of his colleagues. He didn't know if he could ever return home given the circumstances. In the end you has Sora, a keyblade wielder, to thank for your friend coming back.

You watched as Ienzo took a seat across from you at the table. You had already ordered waters for the two of you and a menu was waiting silently in front of him. It was finally your first real romantic date. You were so overwhelmed with emotion when Ienzo returned that you had confessed your feelings on the spot. You didn't know if he would go away again or if you would ever have a chance to confess again.

"Hello, [Y/N]. You look lovely." Ienzo picked up his menu and gazed at the selections. "Have you already made up your mind?" He asked.

"Kinda, I already had time to look over it." You admitted. Ienzo put down his menu then sipped his water.

"I'll have whatever you're having." Ienzo said.

"Are you sure?" You asked.

"I like surprises." He said. Soon the two of you placed your orders and had small talk until your food came out. It was [favorite food]. The two of you ate in silence for a few moments before Ienzo spoke up. "You waited for me."

You started to poke at your food to distract yourself from your blush. "Well...uh, there was no one else out there for me." You sheepishly said. Ienzo have a chuckle. The two of you continued to eat in silence until Ienzo got up to pay for the bill.

"You didn't have to do that." You said as you got up to walk out of the restaurant with him. Ienzo shook his head.

"It's only right." The two of you walked under the night sky for a while wandering around to nowhere in particular. The two of you slowed down your pace as you came to the ruins of what used to be beautiful fountains. It was currently under construction under the restoration committee to be rebuilt. "Remember these?" Ienzo gestured towards the rubble and murky water.

"Yeah, it used to look like we lived in a fairy tale land." You said. You soon felt Ienzo's warm hand reach for yours. He intertwined your fingers.

"It's a fairy tale that you were still here waiting for me all of this time." Ienzo leaned in to give you a peck on the cheek but you turned your head at the last second to seal his lips in a true kiss. And in that moment, you could imagine the pink, purple, and blue hues of the fountains that used to be.