Sorry (Saix/IsaXReader)

A/N: I was rewatching some KHIII cutscenes and to my surprise there's still one that makes me cry...when Saix fades away then the Sea Salt Trio is reunited. I sort of thought...what if Isa had something, or someone, to make Lea jealous?

-----Narrator's POV

[Y/N] lived alone in her small cottage in Radiant Garden. Well, not entirely alone if you count her cat. It was a cute little place with a tiny garden in the back. The kitchen, dining room, and living room were all one. The bedroom had a connected bathroom. It was calm and cozy.

[Y/N] worked in the main plaza. Whenever a store's normal clerk was off for the day, she would cover. Some days she would work in the accessory shop, others the armory, and some the synthesis shop. [Y/N] kept herself occupied to get through the days. When there were days without work, she would try to create her own things to sell. She would walk around the plaza to show off her wares and if she was lucky, someone would buy something.

She had everything she needed to live a comfortable rest of her life. She didn't need friends, for she had loyal neighbors and her cat. She didn't need love because...well her little cottage would be quite crowded then. Most days it was just [Y/N] and her cat.

One night, she was cooking dinner for herself and her cat. Her cat enjoyed warm meals, so she was boiling some fish for him. On the stovetop sat boiled fish, steamed vegetables, and rice. In the oven was a roast chicken. This dinner would give her enough leftovers for the entire week. She could probably give some chicken to her cat once or twice, there would be so much left.

[Y/N] opened the pot of rice to give it a stir when she felt something at her ankles. She looked down to see her cat rubbing up against her legs. She smiled and crouched down to give him a pet. Just as her hand made contact with his fur, there was a knock on the door. [Y/N] looked to her cat then back at the door before realising that she wasn't imagining things. She got up and slowly walked to the door. Hardly anyone came to visit her, especially at this hour. She heard another knock as she was now standing in front of the door.

The door slowly opened to reveal [Y/N]'s figure.

-----Reader's POV

You looked up and your jaw dropped at the sight of blue hair. It had been so long, there was no way this was him. But his eyes locked onto yours in a heartbeat. Your heart skipped a beat as he opened his mouth to speak, but you cut him off.

"Can I help you?" You asked. The man took a sharp breath and took a step back.

"I was just...lost..." He trailed off. You looked back to your food cooking on the stove and your eyes widened at the rice boiling over.

"If you'd excuse me one moment..." You ran back inside to turn off the stove. You grabbed your cat off of the ground to keep him away from burning himself then walked back to the door. The man had already started to walk away. "Wait!" You called out. Your cat then jumped from your arms and followed the man. You watched as he pawed at his feet, stopping him in his tracks. "If you're lost...why don't you come in? And it looks like Ventus doesn't want you to leave...Isa." The man turned around, a tear running down his cheek.

"[Y/N]...you do remember?" He asked. You nodded your head and held an arm out.

"Please, come inside." You watched as he picked up Ventus the cat and came inside. When the door was closed, the cat jumped down and went back to watch the food cook. Isa locked eyes with you once more.

"Sorry." He said. You shook your head.

"Wherever you've been, there's no need to be sorry." You walked over to the stove and looked over the food. Everything was ready except for the chicken. You grabbed Ventus' bowl and scooped the fish in. You set it down next to his water bowl and watched as he meowed on over to his dinner. "Ventus kept me company." You smiled.

Isa walked around and took in the state of your living. You still had the same tiny house and the same cat named after an old friend. But something was off about you. You weren't the same sweet girl. You seemed lonesome. Isa walked over to you near the stove.

"I'm sorry for disappearing all of these years." He repeated, with more compassion he hoped you could hear. You turned around with a plate of food in your hands. You gave it to Isa.

"Just...sit down and eat..." Isa looked from the food to your face to find you holding back tears. He placed the plate on the table to free his hands before placing his fingertips on your cheek. When he found that you weren't pulling back, he allowed his entire hand to cup your cheek. You let the tears fall, but Isa wiped them away then held you close. "I thought...you were dead." You said, the words stinging when hearing them outloud.

Isa shook his head. "I could never leave you behind."

"But you did..." You wept into his shoulder. Isa pulled you away from his body and looked into your eyes again.

"I'll never leave without you again. I'm sorry, [Y/N]." It stung to look into his eyes, but you couldn't take them away. Without thinking you lept up to seal his lips in a kiss. It had to be a dream. This couldn't be real.

But it couldn't be more real when he held you close, kissing you back.

-----Bonus

Ventus was cuddled up to Isa on the couch. The two of you had just finished your dinner and were talking about the years lost. Isa pet your cat's head before realizing something.

"[Y/N]?" He asked, looking up but not taking his hand away from the fluffy animal.

"Yes, Isa?" You replied. You put down your mug of coffee.

"Would you like to see Ventus again?" Isa asked. You tilted your head to the side in confusion before realizing what he meant.

"Ventus can meet Ventus!"