Words (Saix/IsaXReader)

A/N: It gets really hard to write when my dog decides he wants to lay down right next to my laptop. Must. Resist. Urge. To. Pet.

-----

The sun was setting in hues of red, orange, yellow, and purple as it started to set. The night sky was peaking out in the distance. The last rays of sun were touching the rooftops of houses all throughout Radiant Garden. On one of those rooftops sat two teens.

You and Isa sat on top of your house looking at the sunset. Usually Lea would be here too with ice cream, but he was nowhere to be seen. Maybe he has gotten into trouble at home and wasn't allowed out to watch the sunset with you two. You didn't mind though. You had been waiting for a while to have a perfect alone time moments with Isa.

You hesitated a few times as you thought of ways to ease into what you wanted to say. Sometimes a noise would escape your mouth, but Isa didn't respond to them. He kept staring at the sunset with his arms crossed over his chest.

"Isa." You finally said. He turned his head towards you and his vibrant green eyes made your heart skip a beat. He raised an eyebrow without saying a word. You tried to avoid his gaze as you proceeded with what you wanted to say. "Do you...know what love is?"

"I don't think I know entirely." Isa said. He turned back to look at the sunset. You couldn't take your eyes off of his face. "I can't explain it, but I know that I can feel love."

"You love someone?" You asked. Isa closed his eyes and gave a small smile.

"Of course I love you."

-----

It seems like a lifetime ago when Isa confessed to you on the rooftop. He couldn't explain why he loved you, but he knew that he did. Soon after, he had disappeared along with Lea. Sometimes you would watch the sunset from your rooftop and wonder if you had made the two up. Hardly anyone had remembered the two when you would ask. Slowly you began to lose hope of them ever returning. You began to question their existence in the first place.

It had been a while since you last watched the sunset from your rooftop, but something seemed to pulled you toward it. You stared off into the various colors reflected on the clouds as the sun disappeared behind hills in the distance. You closed your eyes and leaned against your chimney. You began to feel drowsy as the warmth from the fire below radiated off of the bricks.

Before you could drift off to dreamland you felt as if someone was staring at you. You slowly turned around to see someone in normal clothes, but the hood on their jacket was up. Their face was completely covered.

"Can I help you?" You asked the stranger. "This is kinda my house you're standing on."

The stranger walked on the thin ledge between your roof and the gutter towards you. It was just enough for children to run around on the rooftops and play, but almost too small for adults to move quickly. The stranger reached out for your hand, but you inched it away. They shook their head then grabbed your hand.

"Hey?! What are you doing?!" You shouted. The stranger gently placed your hand on their hood, despite your efforts to come loose. They gestured for you to grab onto the hood. "Do you...want me to pull your hood down?" You asked. You were very confused from the very tall stranger. They nodded. You slowly began to take off their hood and blue locks started to come out from beneath the hood.

"Hello, [Y/N]." Isa stared down at you. He probably had the biggest growth spurt you had ever seen. You couldn't believe your eyes. You didn't just make him up. He was here. He was back home.

"Isa." Tears started to run down your face as you opened your arms to embrace him. He hesitated at first, but returned the hug. You could feel your tears soaking into his jacket which happened to look very new.

"[Y/N], I've finally found the words." Isa said. You pulled away from the hug to look him in the eyes. He wiped a few of your tears away with his fingers.

"What words?" You asked then sniffled.

"The words to describe my love for you."