Pt. 5 Safe

At first, I thought it was something in the water.

When I first met Kim Seokjin, I thought I had seen the most beautiful man in the world.

Meeting Park Jimin and Min Yoongi had shown me that there were men just as beautiful in the world, and particularly, in South Korea. More specifically, Seoul.
But when I discovered that all three were friends with each other, not to mention four other just as gorgeous men, I realized that it wasn't something in the water.

They have to be part of some secret cult or society of absolutely stunning, perfect looking men.

They just have to be.

I was reflecting on that train of thought as Kim Seokjin apologized to the slim beautiful man he called Hoseok.

Yoongi, Jimin and Jungkook were hysterically laughing while Taehyung tilted his head curiously at him,
"You know each other?"

Kim Seokjin looked over at us, avoiding eye contact with me, "Yeah, I know her. That's the girl they are having me supervise at work."

He sounds so different...

Taehyung laughed, eyeing me,
"Now, Jinnie, how is it that you have spoken so much about this woman but failed to comment on how beautiful she is?"

Kim Seokjin make a choking sound in his throat.
My face felt hot instantly.

He... He said keeps saying I'm beautiful.

I snapped out of my bashfulness when I realized that Kim Seokjin was practically gagging at the thought of calling me beautiful.

I glared at him.

"Oh, so he complains about me?" I scoffed, folding my arms, "He's the grumpy, boring guy who walks around with a giant stick up his ass. I'm amazed that he doesn't waddle."

Taehyung laughed out loud.

His voice is like sultry music...

Kim Seokjin started to choke again, probably on his own words.

Hoseok patted his back. "C'mon, Jinnie, just relax. Let's just hang out and show our new friend that you're not so bad."

Kim Seokjin recovered himself crossing his arms. He grumbled something about not caring what I thought but I chose not to hear.

The rest of the night was surprisingly laid back and even more surprisingly fun.

We played a few Korean drinking games, which I had no idea what was going on. Thankfully, an eager Taehyung sat by me to explain the rules.
He talked with his hands a lot, which I noticed were long and elegant. He even used those hands to casually place on my knee or shoulder when it was someone else's turn. I felt like my heart was in my throat all night.

In the best way possible.

Kim Seokjin barely spared me a glance or a word, except to glare or laugh at my ignorance.

Despite that, he was a totally different person away from work.
He told a lot of dad jokes, which he laughed at with this obnoxious high pitched laugh that was not unlike a windshield wiper.

It's kinda cute. I guess.

Or it would been cute if he wasn't such a butt.

We also played Mario Kart, which I was able to exact my revenge on him by blasting him with a blue shell before speeding by him to take first place.

He nearly choked again.

By the end of the night, I was pretty buzzed and tired.

Namjoon and Kia had left, and then Hoseok escorted a fully drunk Jungkook home.
Yoongi had passed out before we even started to play video games. Jimin was giggly drunk, playing a one-on-one match with Taehyung.

I yawned, "I think I'll call it a night, guys. Thank you for having me, Jimin."

As I stood to leave, Taehyung jumped to his feet, dropping his controller. Jimin yelled in victory.

"I could take you home." Taehyung smiled, his tan skin blushed from beer.

Before I could answer, Kim Seokjin was by my side, placing a hand on my shoulder, "I'll take her home. Perhaps you should sleep here for the night, Tae."

Taehyung frowned, his brow furrowing,
"I'm perfectly able to drive, hyung."

"If you can drive, walk in a straight line right now." Kim Seokjin retorted, pointing at an empty space on the floor.

Taehyung pouted, but said nothing.

"I'm actually ok..." But my small voice was drowned out by Kim Seokjin stating for me to follow him.

I said goodnight to a smiling Jimin and a disappointed Taehyung and followed Kim Seokjin out.

I had to shuffle quickly to keep up with long his strides.

What's his damn hurry?

When I caught up to him, I gently pushed his arm. "I can drive myself, you know."

He stopped so suddenly, I almost fell over. He took my arm in time to save me, but didn't let go as he examined my face.

We locked eyes for a second, but his stare was so intense that I had to look away.

My cheeks were on fire.

Is it from the drink or...

"Your face is flushed." He stated, letting me go of my arm, gently making sure I wasn't going to fall. "I can't in good conscience let you drive. I can come get you in the morning to pick up your car, if you need me to."

I had to shut my mouth close, gulping audibly. All I could do was nod.

I followed him to his car in silence.

He opened the door to some crazy expensive-looking black car and helped me sit in the passenger seat.

It wasn't until he started the car, his leather seats warming up comfortably, and the lights from outside were speeding by when I realized that I was indeed very much drunk.

Soft Korean music played lightly in the background of the gentle hum of his car.

I must've passed out because the next thing I knew, I was waking up in a strange bed, in a strange room.