pt. 31 Music

After a short while, we were discovered.

Thankfully, it was Lee Gun Ho, and Jin seemed relieved that he had already stopped crying moments before.

Gun Ho was still obviously awkward about intruding.

"It's okay," I assured him, "Jin was just showing me his musical gifts. He's very talented."
Jin looked at me, smiling gratefully.

Lee Gun Ho approached us with stacks of folders.
"I hate to drop this on you both on such a lovely evening, especially considering your birthday, Seokjin, but our trip to New York is only a week away." He held the folders out to us; I took them as Seokjin turned around to face him.
I opened them and began reading the contents.

"There's just a few things we need signed off on before we finalize our plans." Lee Gun Ho explained.

I paused, looking up from the paperwork.
"We're buying the license to use KPOP songs for the campaign?" I asked.

Lee Gun Ho nodded, "They are really popular groups here."

I frowned, "It says here that they've been used in commericals before."

"That way it'll be more familiar to the consumer." Lee Gun Ho explained.

I shook my head. "I understand we should be representing the country but shouldn't we think of something more... Original?"

Gun Ho frowned, "That would be ideal, but there just isn't enough time, Josephine."

I sat there thoughtful.

I looked over at Seokjin who met my gaze with a questioning look.

"I have an idea." I grinned.

I left Seokjin's birthday party early, telling him I would call him the next morning.
I texted Jungkook I would be at Jimin's. He didn't seem to mind.

When I arrived at Jimin's, he seem startled to see me back so soon.
"I need your help... Again." I stated.
I turned to Yoongi. "Actually, more of your help."
He blinked in surprise at me.

After about an hour of discussion, we had a plan.

The next morning I called Seokjin to invite him over to Yoongi's studio.
There, we met up with Namjoon and Hoseok.

Jin frowned at me as we all took our seats.

"I think you should record your own song for the campaign." I told him.

He nearly choked, his eyes wide.

"What? I haven't made music in so long. We only have a few days until we fly out to New York. That's impossible!" His voice was nearly shrill.

"I'll help you write the lyrics, Jin." Namjoon offered, "Yoongi and Hoseok will help with the melody. We've got Jimin, JK and Taehyung to backup on vocals. Josephine explained the concept and we have some ideas."

Jin looked from his friends and then to me.
"This is crazy." He said.

I sighed, "You don't have to do it, if you don't want to." I patted his arm, "I just thought you might like an opportunity to show your father what you can do. What you love to do."

He looked at me for a moment.

Longer for a moment.

Long enough for Namjoon to clear his throat to get his attention.

"Okay..." Jin said softly, shaking his head, "Okay, let's do it."

I stood up, "Great!" We clapped my hands, "You guys get to it."

"Wait..you're not staying?" Jin asked.

I shook my head.
"I'm going to make sure everything else is taken care of. I'm not needed here." I smiled.

And I don't think I'm ready to be around both you and Taehyung again.

Jin nodded, and I left.

I spent the next few days truly busting my ass.

There were a lot of loose ends to tend to before we departed for America, and I had to bring work home almost every night.

The day before we had to leave, I met up with Chaeyoung to look at the pictures she had done.
The concept was perfect and she looked perfect.

"These are fantastic." I told her, "You are truly amazing."

She blushed, smiling shyly.

I was scrolling through the photos when I stumbled upon more pictures that I was not expecting.

It seems Jin had been put into the photoshoot, with some steamy poses with Chaeyoung.

The woman sighed, dreamily, "We really did make a cute couple."

Too cute, really.

"Yeah." Was all I said.

She side-eyed me,
"Jungkook is more handsome, in my opinion. Don't you think?"

I frowned, not looking away from the screen, "He's very handsome but he's young."

Chaeyoung smirked, "Well, I think Jin suits you much better, anyway."

I covered my choke with a cough.

She laughed, hugging me head, "You're so cute when your embarrassed, Jo."

I rolled my eyes, but smiled wryly.

By the morning of my flight, I was confident that everything was ready. Yoongi had emailed me the final product of their song, and I forwarded all of it to our editor to put it together.

"How long will you be gone again?" Melissa asked sadly, helping me put my bags in the trunk of my car.

"I'm going to fly to Alabama for Christmas, but I'll be back for sure before New Year's." I explained for the millionth time.

She frowned, hugging me.

I noticed she was still in her pajamas.

"Aren't you supposed to be driving me?" I asked her, "So you can have my car while I'm gone?"

And she says I forget everything...

"Oh.. yeah.. I forgot to tell you." She smiled nervously, pointing behind me.
I turned to see Taehyung standing there.

He waved.

I turned back to Melissa, my glare ablaze with fury.

She gulped, raising her hands defensively. "He asked me if he could drive you to the airport. He was really insistent, Jo, I'm sorry!"

I sighed and hugged her.
"Be good while I'm gone please," I told her.

She grinned. "I can't promise that with Hobi around..."

"Ew, Mel." I interrupted her, "Just go!"

We hugged again, and she left me alone with Taehyung.

I turned to him.

He shoved his hands in his coat pockets, his demeanor bashful.
"I-i thought she would've told you. I'm sorry." He looked down.

I shook my head, "I'm just surprised, that's all. Let's get going." I smiled reassuringly, patting his shoulder.

We got in the car. As he drove us off, I looked at him.

This is going to be a long ride...