pt. 35 Please

I didn't have much time to sleep.

My plane for Alabama was early the morning after the convention.
I sleepily shoved my things in my suitcase, throwing on sweats and a hoodie before heading out.

The plane ride was blessedly smooth, allowing me to sleep for the short trip.

When I arrived, my mom was waiting for me at the terminal.
She was beautiful as always, with her hair in her everyday braid, which was how she handled the mess she had passed down to me.

We hugged each other fiercely.

"Josephine LeRoux," she said in her southern belle accent, looking me over, "You're absolutely radiant. You're practically glowing!"

I blushed. "It's just the cold weather, making my skin all rosy." I joked.

She looked at me suspiciously but didn't respond.

As we drove home from the airport, I took in the sights.

Now, this feels like home.

The rolling hills and thick forests were much more comforting than the bustle of New York.

I still yearned for Seoul, however.

We arrived at my mom's humble yellow house. It was where I grew up.
I settled in my old room, lying on my pink and yellow sheets I had loved as a teenager. I grabbed my alpaca plushie I had loved for so many years.

"Hello, RJ" I said to it, nuzzling it's face.
I snuggled him against my chest, pulling out my phone.

I responded to Jimin's five million questions about the aftermath of my love confession for Jin.

Still haven't heard anything from him ..

I told Tae how well our presentation went and asked Melissa how everything was at my place.

I pulled up Jin's contact info, opening a text to message him.

What do I say?
"HEY, REMEMBER WHEN I TOLD YOUR DAD WHO IS ALSO MY BOSS THAT I LOVED YOU? YEAH THAT WAS FUN LOL"

I sighed.

My mom suddenly appeared, flopping on my bed next to me.
"So, when am I going to meet him?" She asked.

I choked. "W-ha? Who?"

She laughed, pinching my nose. "Whoever has you staring off into the distance looking forlorn yet happy." She replied.

"Come visit me in Korea and you can meet anyone you want." I told her smiling.

She sighed. "What would I do in Korea, Josephine?"

I shrugged. "Melissa and I have found plenty of things to do."

She looked at my curiously.
"Well, if it's the only way to meet this mysterious love interest of yours, I just might." She got up. "I'm going to go pick something up for dinner. You want to come?"

I shook my head. "I'm so jet lagged. And I just want to enjoy being home."

My mom smiled, reaching down to kiss my head before leaving.

I took a shower, changing into my cozy pajamas before heading downstairs.
I stopped to pet two of my mom's cats who were cuddled on the bottom step.

Then there was a knock on the door.

I jumped, scaring the cats.

Who would be visiting unannounced like this? It's kind of rude...
People should know to at least text beforehand..

I opened the door.

I'm surprised my jaw didn't snap from dropping so hard.

"I was afraid I had the wrong place." Kim Soekjin said, looking relieved.

"Wha-- how--" I couldn't form sentences all of a sudden.

"My father and I had such a long conversation last night. We talked about so many things. It's not completely better between us but we are finally healing. He likes you, by the way." He ran his fingers through his hair, "We ran so late and you were gone by the time I went to find you. I would've called but I figured you needed sleep and I just didn't want to talk about anything over the phone. I wanted to see you."
He looked away bashfully, "I'm sorry for rambling, I thought of everything I was going to say---"

"I love you, Jin." I said.

He looked at me, his mouth open. His face lit up. "Are you-- so what you said--"

"Yes. What I told your father was true. Everything." I stated, firmly.

He blinked at me.

"Are you really so surprised?" I asked, frowning.

He blinked again. "I just-- I thought I was too late."

My frowned deepened with confusion.

"When I started to realize my feelings for you... I thought..." He took a deep breath, "I thought Taehyung had caught your affections. It seemed that way."

I looked down, my cheeks reddening. "I do care for him. It's hard not to. I will always love Tae." I bit my lip. "But not in the way I love you, Kim Seokjin."

He stepped closer to me, his shoes appearing in my vision.
"And in what way is that, Josephine LeRoux." His voice lowering, softening.

I raised my eyes to meet his.

His gaze was intense, causing my heart to race.

"You know what I mean, dummy." My insult was half hearted.

"Can I come in to meet your mother?" He asked suddenly.

I shook myself out of shock from the sudden topic change. "Oh-- yes, come in. Um, she's out right now though."

His smile turned into a grin. "Even better."

He scooped me up into his arms, his lips locking onto mine.

He kissed me as if he had wanted to kiss me for so long.
I know I had been wanting to for a very long time.
Since that first day I saw him in the elevator.

I pushed him away gently.
"Let me close the door." I laughed, out of breath.

He set me down. After I closed it, bolting the lock, I turned towards him.
"How very forward of you, Kim Seokjin." I teased.

He grabbed my waist pulling me toward him. His hand caressed my neck, finding it's way up to my jaw, his fingers softly entwining in my hair.
He leaned down to kiss my lips gently.
"I have so much time to make up for." He murmured. "If you'd allow me to..."

"Please." I breathed.