pt. 24 Hyung

When I came back to the waiting room, there was an awkward tension.

Jimin and Yoongi were cuddled up on a couch being adorable, Hoseok was drinking a soda on a chair near them, but Seokjin and Taehyung were awkwardly standing near each other without looking at one another.

When I had entered, they all looked at me.

My mouth hung open stupidly before Jimin saved me by standing up. "Jin says she will be able to leave today!" He exclaimed happily.

Yoongi stood up with him, draping an arm over his shoulder. "Yes, so that means we can all leave now, finally."

"Thank you guys for everything. I know I was a mess." I told them.

"A mess? You would've thought Jimin had said she was hit by a truck." Yoongi smirked.

Jimin elbowed him in the rib. "That's what friends are for, Jo." Jimin smiled, hugging me before they left.

"I could keep Melissa company before they let her go, if you don't mind?" Hoseok asked me, adding, "I can take her home too."

How considerate of you...

I smiled, wryly. "She'd like that."

He smiled widely at me, and left.

Which left me awkwardly standing before Seokjin and Taehyung.

They both didn't budge, neither one making a move to leave.

After a moment at looking at the two of them stubbornly standing there, I said, "Well, I'm going to go home."

"I'll drive you home." Taehyung said at the same time as Seokjin, who said, "I can walk you out."

They both froze, looking at each other.

"Okay. " I stated, turning around.
I want to leave whatever situation this is immediately.

They rushed after though, falling into place at either side of me.

Taehyung took my hand into his.

Seokjin faced straight ahead.

No one said a word until we reached Taehyung's car.

"Do you plan on jumping in the backseat too, hyung?" Taehyung asked, his voice flat.

"I just wanted make sure you found your car." Seokjin retorted.

I looked from Tae to Jin.

"Did something happen?" I asked, folding my arms.

Taehyung turned away, making a show of unlocking his car with the physical key.

Seokjin frowned at him before shaking his head.
"It's nothing. I will see you on Monday, Josephine." He left before I could reply.

I turned back to Taehyung, who was already inside the car, starting it up.
When I got in beside him, I asked, "Well?"

He looked at me, his face blank.

I sighed, sitting back in my seat as we drove off.

The car ride was completely silent.
No music, just the hum of his car.

I glanced at Taehyung frequently, only to see that his face had been unchanged from deep thought.

When we arrived back at my place, I made to move to open the door, realizing he wasn't doing the same.

"Are you coming in?" I asked.

"I forgot I had some things to do today." He replied, not looking at me.

I sighed, touching his shoulder. "What's wrong, Tae?"

He glanced at me briefly, but quickly turned his gaze back to his speedometer.

My next sigh was laced with frustration, "So you're just not going to talk to me?"

Still nothing.

I should shake him until he says something...

I got out of the car.

"I don't deserve to be treated like this, Kim Taehyung." I said, my voice nearing a shout, before I slammed the door.

I was well away from the car when I heard him shout my name.

At that point, I was just too frustrated.
I just ran.
...or at least walked very quickly.

When I made it to my apartment, I flung myself on my bed, covering my head with my pillow.

Moments later, I felt a presence beside me.

Taehyung removed my pillow, snuggling against me.

His thumb gently wiped at my tears, before landing on my chin.

His kiss was so gentle, I almost couldn't feel it.

He rested his head on top of mine, holding me close.

He sighed.

"I... Have never had to deal with something so complicated." He said, lowly, "I'm not good at expressing myself. Not with stuff like... This."
I waited for him to say more but he didn't.

"What's going on with you, Tae?" I asked against his chest.

He sighed again, deeply. He started to play with my hair. "It's between my hyung and I." He paused, "I think you and Jin need to talk as well."

I frowned. I tried to pull away to look at him, but he held me closer.

"I don't want to talk about it right now." He said, his voice soft, "Can we just lay here together for a while?"

I nodded, huddling myself closer to him.

After about what felt like an hour, I found myself near asleep.
I could hear my breath become longer and deeper.

Taehyung was done playing with my hair, pressing his lips against the top of my head.

"How do I tell you that I'm falling in love with you, Jo?" His voice was so low, if I hadn't been so close, I wouldn't have heard, "But I can't love you."

He sighed, so sadly.
"I just can't love you. Not while my hyung does too."