Finding The Files

Tony was more bored than he had ever been before. Pepper had forced him to actually work, a rare occurrence indeed. Despite popular belief, he finished his paperwork that morning and had no meetings until noon.

Pepper would never believe him though if he told her, so he spent the next hour flicking through some of S.H.I.E.L.D's mission reports.

It was a lot more amusing that it sounded. While many reports were serious, there were the odd few that were unintentionally comedic genius.

After a while, he came across an entire folder labelled 'HALF-BLOOD DIVISION', something he had never spotted before.

It was only a few minutes until he worked out the password to access the files (which were classified, only making him more determined to read the contents) and was greeted with hundreds of reports.

The files had ridiculous and sometimes hilarious names, each one spiking the billionaire's interest more than the last. It wasn't long until he realized that the team in that Division were few in numbers and, when running their names through the database, could come up as missing children. 

Two were supposedly dead, the only name holders having of passed decades ago, the dates of birth not matching the Agents ages, even though everything else seemed to line up.

The information given had large gaps, mostly around the youngsters' parents or present location, yet all of them had shifty pasts. Why would S.H.I.E.L.D hire someone with barely a page to their name?

Two team members had been kidnapped at the ages of twelve, the reasons behind it never fully explained as the kidnapper had mysteriously vanished and all searches for him stopped for some reason. 

One of the girls had no file whatsoever but went by the name 'Calypso' . It was like she didn't exist. Not to mention, that Nico kid had pictures of him dating back to around Cap's time.

None of the puzzle pieces he found and put together created a clear picture as to what the hell was going on.

The only way for him to truly understand was to read the reports.

An action he wouldn't have taken back for the world.

A/N

[PUBLISHED 01/06/20]

Hello, I know I'm publishing this on a Monday but I'm not sure when the next one will be. I haven't completely finished editing all of the chapters and I did write this two years ago (seriously).

If you're not aware, this is book two, but it's not vital to read the first one at all. If you're coming from that book, hallo, and you may as well be aware there is (if I remember correctly) no reference to the first book whatsoever.

So, yeah, I'll see you when I see you

-Beccy