Leo Sets Everything On Fire (Including Himself)

Tony wasn't the most up-to-date with S.H.I.E.L.D protocol since he never paid any attention to those bothersome meetings, but he was almost ninety-percent sure that normal Agents, especially ones that were so young, weren't allowed to indulge in pyromania. 

It was also not conventional to set yourself on fire when going crazy. 

This, Stark thought to himself, was going to be an interesting one.

LEO SETS EVERYTHING ON FIRE INCLUDING HIMSELF

WRITTEN BY JASON GRACE

[15/06/2018]

If there's one thing I have learnt from all of this is that Leo should never sing in front of any civilization unless we're ordered to deafen them. Seriously, he does a better job than Solace's taxi cab whistle.

Fury had informed us an old Hydra base had been found in the middle of some forest by a hiker, who'd called the police about it. Apparently, the best thing they could think to do with the place was to destroy everything inside, before tearing it down. 

To avoid another Vulture incident, they wanted to make sure the people taking it all apart couldn't get their hands on anything dangerous.

The Director has specifically asked for me to fly over the place to check for any nasty surprises left by Hydra, Leo to disarm any weapons, traps or memorize important blueprints, and Nico to shadow travel us all. Not to mention, he'd also would be able to sense any life-forms just in case the heat-scans S.H.I.E.L.D had made beforehand had been wrong.

Early this morning, we'd all met together and linked our arms into Nico's, taking advantage of the narrow time span in which he lifted the no-touching rule, to travel to the site. We landed a few yards away from the entrance and Leo bounced ahead, the door falling off its rusted hinges from a dramatic kick, humming some song I still can't recognize. According to him it was something Calypso had sung to him back on the island.

Nico couldn't sense anyone else but us there so we only had to worry about remaining security measures that could get a normal Agent killed. Leo was still ahead of us so he took care of them all, leaving time for me to chat with Nico (but we kept an eye on him, just in case he tried to pocket any mechanisms).

Leo ended up leading us down a hall, since the traps seemed to increase the closer we went down, meaning there was something in there they really didn't want anyone to find. In other words, it meant we might actually discover something cool. It had been getting a bit boring.

When he managed to melt a door at the end, we stepped in to find a dusty room, untouched for decades. The walls were covered in mounted out-of-date weaponry, blue-prints covered the tables, and a half-made robot was leaning against the wall, wires emerging from where I assume the neck should of been. 

Leo looked like a kid in a candy store as he wandered around the room, marveling at everything while reaching out to brush his hand against the walls. He didn't really care it came back covered in dust, he was too happy to even think about that. Sadly, not too happy to press his hands against my back, leaving two grey handprints.

He rolled up the blue-prints and tucked them under his arm to study later or share among Bunker 9 as a trophy of some sort. 

Nico went to break it to him they'd have to destroy everything there and he wouldn't be allowed to keep them, when I held up a finger to silence them both.

I could smell something strange, other than the stench of Leo straight from his workshop. Turns out I was right to be suspicious. After a bit of investigation as we found a broken pipe that had two half-faded stickers attached to it. One to show it's poisonous and another to show it's flammable. I didn't want to find out where they led to.

I told them the best way to finish our mission was to create a spark that could set the entire place ablaze. I immediately regretted it after seeing Leo's face.

We both knew he was going to annoy us until we gave in so I let him stay there while Nico and I Shadow Traveled to a safe distance. 

Even though we sat far away, high up on a sturdy tree branch, we could both hear his screaming/singing 'This Girl Is On Fire' over the explosion easily right up until he skipped out of the flaming mess, still lit up himself. He barely remembered to put himself out to take Nico's arm again.

After that, we had our usual game of rock, paper, scissors, and (since I lost) I had to write this all out. Yay.

END OF REPORT

Stark wasn't sure how the Leo kid could set himself on fire by will and not die from it. He had to be a mutant of some kind, maybe some fucked up persons experiment. They all could be. Had S.H.I.E.L.D literally found these people and just chose to train them? 

His thought was cut short, distracted by the title, 'My Boyfriend Jumps Off A Bridge Deliberately (Again)'.

A/N

[PUBLISHED 24/06/20]

Okay. My bad. I remembered to do this yesterday but I got an email from my professor about my course work and kinda got caught up in that.

The sketch at the top is my own, it's actually blue-tacked to the wall above my desk as a basic reference when I'm doing arty stuff.

If y'all be on TikTok, go ahead and follow me [REDACTED LOL] for art stuff. I normally post every day, though I'm taking a short break so I can finish college on time. 

Again, sorry for publishing late, and I hope you enjoyed this terrible chapter (I pray to the gods I didn't miss any mistakes).

See ya next week :)