The Surprisingly Nice Spider (Man)

Stark wasn't expecting to see Spider-Man (otherwise known as Peter Parker) mentioned in the titles in the slightest. I mean, why would he be? 

Tony couldn't stop the overwhelming urge to read that specific report, so he did just that.

THE SURPRISINGLY NICE SPIDER (MAN)

BY ANNABETH CHASE

[30/07/2018]

I had been training with Sadie Kane in the Level Nine firing range, just to catch up since we hadn't talked in months. We were casually chatting about her brother, my boyfriend if she was ever going to meet Magnus and the other Einherjar's. You know, the usual.

Out of nowhere, a guy entered in a red and black suit, a spider-like shape in the middle of his chest. His mask was off and in his hand, meaning we could both see his mop of unruly brown curls, dark eyes, and a shocked expression at the two of us. His mouth formed a small 'o', he nearly dropped his mask.

Of course, Sadie took this as her chance to drop a target from the levitation spell, the sound it made when it fell onto the ground echoing throughout the room.

He told us there was normally never anyone in there, well, he mumbled it very quietly, and we introduced ourselves as Agent Chase and Agent Kane. Apparently he had never actually met an Agent of S.H.I.E.L.D before and then quickly added that we mustn't tell anyone that he was Spider-Man.

We agreed, knowing what it was like to have secrets that you would guard with your life, and luckily the awkward silence was broken by Nick Fury walking in. He announced that an old enemy of S.H.I.E.L.D had resurfaced and his 'dramatic entrance' included setting fire to a very important office that handled a lot of Queens' problems. By destroying that place, he could cause chaos.

He told us to take the spider since he knew that place well then left, leaving the three of us to sprint out of the Compound. It was pretty hilarious to see Spider-Man's expression when Sadie transformed into a Kite to fly next to him and me running, jumping, and leaping from nearby roofs. 

We easily managed to keep up with his pace as he swung on his webs, maybe because we had so much experience running to and from danger, so it wasn't long until we reached the scene.

Sadie transformed back into her human self and announced that she could see people inside, she'd handle the fire but they'd have to clear the place out. Not to mention we had to arrest the maniac who started all of this and ruined what could have been a fun afternoon.

I scaled the walls without a problem and landed with Spidey next to me. 

Without another word shared, we sprung into action and helped every last woman, man, and child out of the burning building to the ground. I was searching the fourth floor when I began to feel something was wrong. 

Then I just had to go and be correct. The fire had done its job, the floor fell through with ashes and broken beams, going down with me.

I expected to hit the ground, break a couple bones, or maybe even die. Luckily, someone grabbed me by my waist and pulled me back to the safety second floor. 

I blinked and, through the mess of everything crashing past us, I saw Spider-Man holding onto me. For the first time in my life, I had met a nice spider.

Malcolm still doesn't believe me.

I muttered my thanks and smirked as a plan began to form inside my head to give him a little scare. 

Regaining my blank expression, I turned and threw my body out of a window where the glass pane had crashed onto the floor. I tucked into a roll at the last second to take the damage, stood up, and give a little sarcastic wave towards him.

After that I went to the business of manipulating the mist to cover up all that happened of the mortal's mind, thanking the Gods that Hazel taught me how to do on such a large scale.

Once I was done, Sadie had just finished dousing the burning building in water. I saw she was a little dizzy from using so much of her own energy, so I helped her to sit down on the sidewalk (while she insisted she was fine).

Turns out he was on the base floor with the crazed man who started the fire pointing a gun at him with his back facing me. Seizing my chance, I sharply roundhouse-kicked the dude in the head and he crumpled to the ground. The gun fell out of his hand and, not being particularly fond of them, I nudged it away from him with my shoe.

Spidey was fine, just a little worried for the people that had been inside and for Sadie who, by the time he got outside, was half asleep. In his defense, she does look like she's dead when sleeping.

All in all, we made a new ally but without telling him the truth about our parentage or our actual powers, exchanged numbers with the only nice spider in the world, stopped a crazed madman from killing said ally, completed a mission and had a fun day out with Sadie.

END OF REPORT

Stark frowned, how did he know Peter was safe around these Agents if no one had any idea that they actually existed? The last thing he wanted for the little spider was to die or get caught up in S.HI.E.L.D again.

Well at least if he ever wanted to find these strange Agents he could bug Peter into giving him their phone number or just keep watching the Level Nine firing range.

He would have read even more but out of nowhere his laptop was hijacked, the screen turning black. He knew it wasn't dead, the lights on the keyboard were still lit up.

A few seconds later a message appeared in plain white text in a simple font, overall it was completely unmissable.

Stay away from us.

-Sincerely, The McShizzle

Well, that's new.

What's Next?

A/N

[PUBLISHED 06/07/20]

Aha, I'm on time, suck on that losers!

The art at the top (surprise surprise) is my own and of Luke before he died. Not sure why I've been drawing him so much.

There isn't much for me to say here, so I'll keep it short. Hope you're enjoying this terrible book so far, I'll see you next monday.

Bye :)