A Formal Meeting With Annabeth Chase

She didn't have to be a daughter of Athena to figure out Tony Stark would be in touch. Even Percy got the idea he would. He had taken Estelle out for the morning after the 'incident', leaving Annabeth to deal with the man. He had the tendency to piss off authority figures- or so he'd been told.

While working on her laptop, scrolling aimlessly through Daedalus's 3D models and inventions, her phone buzzed on the table with a message from an unknown number. She had been asked to meet with Stark around midday, a QR code attached to get her past security. Annabeth closed the laptops lid, grabbed her keys, and left.

No one in the lobby questioned her. She carried herself with such purpose and confidence, there was barely a second glance sent her way. She tapped on the code and held her phone screen up to the gates. A red light switched to green and the glass gates slid open, allowing her to stride into the readied elevator.

A painfully cheesy song played as she rose through the floors, which she could only guess was deliberately irritating for whoever dared visit the tower. Annabeth smirked and smiled at the small speaker in the ceilings corner. She thought the Empire State's building elevator was annoying, it wasn't often she was proved wrong.

When the doors slid open once more, she was greeted with an office. It was almost empty, a very minimalist design having of been chosen, and the only messy area was the cluttered desk directly ahead of Annabeth.

Tony had kicked up his feet onto what worryingly looked like an important pile of documents, his laptop resting on his legs, typing away. He lowered his coffee mug when Annabeth walked in and spun his chair around, leaving the laptop on the table behind him, and gestured for her to sit.

She sat in the chair opposite the desk, posture far too straight for a teenager, and folded her hands neatly in her lap. They made direct eye contact, both refusing to look away in a battle of intimidation.

 "Annabeth Chase, it's nice to properly meet you." Tony broke the silence and grinned "care to explain what in the ever loving fuck happened yesterday?

She took a deep breath, preparing to have the 'yeah, monsters' talk for the hundredth time "We were talking with Peter, we'd spotted him on patrol and waved him over. I hadn't realised my phone had been on all day, our signal to monsters are boosted when using most technology, and a pack of Hellhounds caught Percy and I's scent. We weren't paying attention and one managed to knock Peter out."

"What actually happened to them after I left?"

"Percy took out over half while I was getting Peter to safety, when I returned we killed the rest and cleared up."

"You make killing something sound almost casual. I'm assuming you do it a lot?" Tony frowned, she wasn't really making a great perfect-role-model impression.

"Monsters don't really die. We can temporarily destroy them, using the right weaponry we can reduce them to dust, but they can reform," Annabeth sighed. Gods, it would be nice to permanently kill the fuckers, but when had The Fates ever been on a demigods side? "But Hellhounds aren't overly intelligent creatures, when they manage to return they won't remember Peter. He's safe."

"Is he? Because, not only do I have to worry about his Spider-Man enemies, apparently monsters  exist now and will hurt anyone you lot talk to." Tony had to do everything he could to not raise his voice. How was she so calm?

"A few friends are watching him at school as a precaution and a couple of other half-bloods will be turning up soon to help with the monster problem. You clearly care for Peter, so do I, I would never want to hurt him."

"He was unconscious on the ground with a head injury, he seemed pretty hurt to me." He almost laughed "Go ahead, tell me, how the hell can I trust you?"