A Walk In The Park (No, Seriously)

Tony sat back down at his desk, tapping his fingers on the wooden table impatiently. Loki had left not too long ago with Thor, off to check up on some council of Gods, meaning he was alone with his thoughts in the office trying to figure out where to go from there. He stared at his laptop screen.

He was mulling over their little trip to the shelter, he couldn't shake off the feeling that he was missing something. He wasn't still hung up about the supposed squirrel attack (that he still hadn't gotten an explanation for), he was focusing on the fact that the boy had lied when he told him Peter would be safe.

Maybe all he needed was a walk to clear his head.

Tony put on a baseball cap that hid most of his face, changed into casual clothes, and walked out of the back entrance onto the streets. Most of the people he passed by were distracted by their phones or chatting away to each other, sparing no more than a passing glance for Stark.

In the end he made his way to a park, far from the Stark Tower, and sat on a bench (avoiding the gum stuck to the left side of the seat). No one else was there, he was alone with his thoughts and the annoying pigeons. When he looked down at his shoes he noticed an old tattered flyer that's come free from the lamppost with a familiar name in big ol' bold letters.

'MISSING: Magnus Chase, 16 years old'

He stood up and approached the lamppost. From the looks of things it had been covering two other flyers, one a lot older than the other, each with names he recognized.

'MISSING: Annabeth Chase, 7 years old'

'MISSING: Percy Jackson, 12 years old'

He didn't have time to think about it when his baseball cap was knocked off in a sudden gust of wind. Not only that, but Stark could hear two people walking down the pathway, chatting to each other, and he was not in the mood for photos. Tony ducked behind a nearby tree, stupidly not taking the flyers with him.

"I think these are the last ones," A female voice came from the other side of the tree. From a quick glance Tony realised they'd stopped in front of the lamppost "Damn, you really haven't aged well Seaweed Brain." The girl chuckled.

"Oh, you're hilarious!" A boy exclaimed sarcastically as he tore down the three flyers "You should spend even more time with Leo!"

Tony managed to take a quick look at who the people were and recognized them from one of the framed photos that had been on Magnus's desk. They also matched the pictures on the flyers they had torn down from the post. The missing kids.

"Aw come on Percy, lighten up a little." She nudged his side and moved her double loop scarf around both of their necks. They were silent for a few seconds until she poked the tip of his nose "Boop."

"Who are you and where's the real Annabeth?" He broke into a smile and stole her scarf, retreating into it like a turtle "Hey, this is pretty comfortable." Percy's grin widened and Annabeth rolled her eyes at her boyfriends antics.

"Are you sure these are definitely the last ones, I don't want anyone getting their hands on them." Annabeth frowned and gestured to the pile of papers in his arms.

"Trust me they are. And, if there's some we forgot, I asked Sadie and Carter to be on the lookout for them in Brooklyn. Besides, mum doesn't have that number anymore." Percy looked down at his old school photo. He had the overwhelming urge to burn it right there and then so Leo would never have the chance to see it.

"Listen, I know you're worried and that, we were all on edge even before Magnus texted me, but Leo already blocked him from accessing the Division. There's no way Stark will be able to find us. For once in our lives, we're actually safe." She linked her arm into Percy's and they slowly started to walk away.

"I just hope you're right."

~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~

Tony cursed himself out internally. He'd gone and missed a chance on finding another lead, and now the Half-Bloods knew that he was looking for them. Why hadn't he thought about Magnus contacting his cousin?

They had been right there, why hadn't he just confronted them about Peter?

Of course.

Peter.

He could get KAREN to report to him the moment Spider-Man crossed paths with Annabeth, Percy or any of their other friends again. If they did come in contact, he could listen in, and, if Peter seemed in trouble, he could easily track him. He'd be able to look after the kid if a problem came up.

Even with that backup plan of his, Tony had a feeling he wasn't going to sleep that night.

A/N

[PUBLISHED 11/08/20]

aY, the art up top is Samirah, I did it last night. Probably doesn't match any description of the valkyrie armour if there is any, I just thought it looked nifty.

Sorry I'm late, I had an off day yesterday and barely had any motivation to anything. The art I drew yesterday was at, like, 11 in the afternoon.

But I be here now, I'll try and publish next monday on time, there's only three more parts after this.