Christmas Dinner Is Ruined By A Grumpy Pirate

The first file Stark picked out was due to the fact he knew right off the bat it involved Christmas and Fury. A mix he had yet to see in a mission report. Tony clicked onto it, noting that it was written by Nico Di Angelo who was most definitely out of his timeline. 

The title was certainly interesting enough, but would the report live up to his expectations since they were supposed to be written formally. 

He'd just have to find out.

CHRISTMAS DINNER IS RUINED BY A GRUMPY PIRATE

WRITTEN BY AGENT NICO DI ANGELO

[25/12/2018]

It was Christmas dinner at Sally Blofis's and I had been invited the moment she had found out I normally spend the day alone in my Father's palace. It was all last minute, but I hadn't had any plans concerning missions or stakeouts, so I agreed to join them.

Annabeth was also there, no surprise seeing as it was impossible to see her away from Percy most of the time, and had challenged me to a game of Mythomagic (which she would've been certain to lose if we'd actually finished it). 

Director Fury, having to go and ruin the mood as he usually does, sent an Agent. They'd walked in unannounced to tell us some Hydra agents had captured a Hellhound.

I swear, I could see smoke coming out of Sally's ears when he explained he needed her son and her sort-of adopted children to work on Christmas of all days. The S.H.I.E.L.D Agent seemed to take notice, hurriedly making his excuses and speed-walking to the car waiting outside.

Apparently, they were trying to figure out how it Shadow Travelled, but had dubbed it 'Dark Teleport' according to S.H.I.E.L.D's hackers (which was just terrible). I mean, Leo could of come up with something better, and he's named something the Valdezinator.

Once Percy gave Sally his promise to come back with all limbs in working order, I grabbed their hands tightly and moved through the shadows, ending up in the location we'd been given. I've been getting better at doing it off location names instead of images.

Sally had promised both Annabeth and myself that, if we managed to keep Percy alive, she'd get out his embarrassing baby pictures, so we had an incentive to get the job done quickly.

We ended up in a dimly lit room, a single light bulb hanging from the ceiling that looked as if it could fall any second, and three black-clad (who I assumed were dudes from their physique) adults stood in front of a table that was covered in makeshift machines. 

They looked like the sort of contraptions Bunker Nine would come up with and that Chiron would lock away for everyone's safety.

I signaled for the others to stay in the shadows, released their hands and stepped out onto the stone floor without making a single sound. I'd gotten good at sneaking around at camp after dark (don't ask why), to avoid the Harpies, so it wasn't too hard.

A screen lifted in front of our targets, showing a bullet proof glass wall separating us and a tethered Hell-Hound, snarling away at anything that moved. I'm pretty sure the others saw the distress and fear in the creatures eyes and I couldn't help but pity it. What if it had been Mrs O' Leary?

Shaking out of my daze, I remembered what we were there to do and formulated a plan in my head that would both get the job done and be somewhat amusing for me.

After a while, these sort of jobs get dull, so we all spice them up somehow (without jeopardizing the mission, of course). I slipped once more into the shadows and appeared in front of the idiots that decided kidnapping a mythological creature was a good idea.

"You know, if you wanted to learn how to 'Dark Teleport'," I smirked while flicking my eyes to where my friends hid, giving them the signal to come out "You could've just asked me."

The tallest of the three was the first to react, grabbing a wrench from the table and charging at me. I took one single step out of his way, extended my leg out and tripped him up, the wrench falling from his grasp as he fell. These guys were more of scientists than fighters, which worked well in our favour.

I then took the government issues taser (a great perk of the job), which Leo had altered for both mortals and monsters, and incapacitated him.

When I looked over my shoulder, I saw Percy taking on the other two while Annabeth destroyed all of the research in case any one came to loot the place. She nodded at me, nudged Percy to stop him from laughing even more at the way the two Hydra agents (who'd had fallen on top of each other mid-scuffle) and we returned back to the Blofis-Jackson Apartment. Our food was still warm, luckily.

After alerting our supervisors that the mission was successful, we continued to eat and try to ignore Percy singing 'Under The Sea' off-key to his baby sister, Estelle.

All in all, it was the best Christmas I'd had in awhile.

END OF THE REPORT

Tony wasn't sure what the hell a Hell-Hound was, Shadow Travel, what had exactly he had just read or why the kid hadn't published a book since that was oddly detailed, but what he did know is that he would read as many of the Mission Reports as he could with in the next few hours.

The next being, Percy Jackson's 'I Shouldn't Be Trusted With My Baby Sister Or Snacks'.

A/N

[PUBLISHED 09/06/20]

Holy hell, I almost forgot to update this. And I even set an alarm to remind myself. Christ.

Well, I hope you enjoyed. Quick reminder, I did write this in 2018 when I first started writing and there's so much that editing can do. It's not my best, but I liked the story too much to delete it.

I'll see you (probably) next Monday. No promises, I am very unreliable.

:)