The Next Day

Peter opened his eyes, immediately regretting it. He blinked a few times, his eyes eventually adjusting to the harsh lighting from above, and tried to stay awake. There was most definitely a large bruise on the back of his head at the very least, if the killer headache was anything to go by.

Peter looked to his left to see a quietly snoring Mr Stark, fast asleep in a chair, a copy of Science Weekly that'd fallen out of his hands and onto the floor.

He sat up in his bed, the covers falling down to reveal he was still in his suit, and winced. Moving so suddenly hadn't helped the pain in his head, black dots had clouded his vision the moment he did. Peter almost fell back, but grabbed a side rail to the bed in order to stay upright.

Tony's eyes slowly opened, Peter's wince having of disrupted his light nap, and he stretched his arms forward with a satisfying click. He stood up and ruffled the kids brown curly locks, barely stifling a yawn "Morning kid, how you feeling?"

"What happened, how did I get here?" Peter swatted his mentors hand away by instinct and frowned in confusion. He still couldn't figure out what had happened on last nights patrol. Did he hurt someone?

"Ah,  you sort of met up with your friends Annabeth and Percy at some point," Stark noticed Peter's distressed expression at the mention of the demigods and quickly added "Yeah, I know about them, I found their mission files in the S.H.I.E.L.D archives. Anyway, you met up with them and got sneak attacked."

"Are they okay?" Peter asked. He was well aware they could take care of themselves, he'd seen them train after all, but couldn't help worry.

"They're fine, once I got you out of there they took out the Hellhounds or whatever," Stark glanced at the back of Peter's head, hoping the kids superhuman healing had cleared up the injury "Get changed, you've already missed you first two lesson. I told May you were here last night, so don't worry about that. Happy will drive you there when you're ready."

~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~

On the ride to Midtown, Peter got a text from Annabeth, apologising. Since they'd moved closer to Queen's, the numbers of monsters in the area had shot up. They'd contacted their camp and supposedly a few demigods were transferring to schools in the area to help out as a practice quest, so he shouldn't worry about it too much.

However, there were two others already nearby. They were good friends of Percy and Annabeth looking to take a break from whatever a typical demigod life was like (Peter could guess from context it wasn't exactly fun). In a longer paragraph of a text, they sent a description of the duo and gave a heads up that they managed to trick the school into giving them a tester-day of lessons.

And there they were, bickering in a foreign language at the back of a classroom during lunch break. They fell silent when the door creaked open but seemed to half-recognise Peter when he shuffled in. 

The taller boy with the sun-kissed hair smiled over at him and gave a little wave "I'm Will, this is Nico. Peter, right?"

Peter nodded "Yeah" He dumped his backpack on the floor and sat down, still sluggish from the attack.

"How's your head, does it still hurt?" Will didn't notice Nico smirking at him, shaking his head slightly at his boyfriend.

"Will, don't go into doctor-mode, you'll scare him away," He nudged Will's side with his elbow, making Peter chuckle "We won't be here long, Annabeth just wanted us here to make sure the monsters don't go after your scent for some reason."

Will quickly piped up, seeing Peter start to panic at the news "You should be alright though, it's rare for any of them to go after mortals or even clear-sighted mortals. Besides, Annabeth told us a bit about... you know, if we give you a celestial bronze weapon or something you can defend yourself just fine." 

Nico shifted in his seat, sending a quick apologetic glance at Peter. He hadn't meant to scare him. He was starting to see why the others had incited Will go with him, he had very little in the way of people skills.

"Right, cool," Peter released a small breath he'd been holding, relieved "So the people here are safe?"

"Yeah, we're only here for a few more hours and there's so many mortals here, our tracks are covered." Nico shrugged. He'd probably ditch the last lesson anyway, it didn't seem like there was much of a threat and he wasn't exactly desperate to do maths.

Will looked around, making sure there were no students that could walk in, and unzipped his bag. He pulled out four unusually shaped bronze rings and quickly passed them to Peter "The Hephaestus cabin had a spare set of knuckle dusters you can use. They're light and connect together with a little force. It's only take a few hits from a normal camper to take a monster down with these, but with you- you know- extra strength, it should be a lot faster." 

Peter, underneath the desk, slid the rings onto his fingers and tested them out. Sure enough, they clicked together and, as they did, a sharp spike emerged from the top. When he pulled them apart, they retreated back in, and Peter tucked them away in his pocket.

"Awesome."

A/N

[PUBLISHED 17/09/20]

So sorry this is late, I ended up adding a few extra paragraphs to make it longer as an apology.

My laptop is still very much fucked. I would of gotten it back sooner, but Windows ran an update when it was retrieving my files and threw it back to square one (so all my files might be destroyed, yay!!!!!)

I have a spare laptop on lend for online classes and coursework until mine is fixed (which is honestly so much cooler than mine) and I'm currently trying to edit and publish the remaining chapters by tonight. 

This took me an hour-is and I still need to have a shower, so the last part might be out later. I'll add the art tomorrow.

This will be my last book. I'll finish off my one shots soon, then I most likely won't be using Wattpad much. I'm still writing and creating art, but I doubt any of you will hear from me properly again. Thank you so much for all your support, it means so much to me, and this website has helped me grow as a writer.

See you around guys :)